Do your AirPods Keep Disconnecting And Reconnecting? Wondering what to do? Hold on! Here we have come up with the most practical solutions!
Many complain that their AirPods keep disconnecting and reconnecting repeatedly. Oh, we can understand how irritating it is! Atr you also suffering from this issue?
Your continuity of fun gets interrupted; the fun of seasons, daily soaps, and particularly games, isn’t it?
Well, no need to be worried because you are completely covered! If you are getting onto this pesky from now on, you need to try our given solutions simply. These solutions will solve your problems in a few seconds.
So, let’s explore those worthier fixes!
AirPods Keep Disconnecting And Reconnecting: What Reasons Could Be
AirPods comes with the latest improvements from older Apple earbuds. But it doesn’t mean that they don’t have any issues. There are a lot of problems about Why Do My AirPods Keep Disconnecting 2022? Some of the reasons are way more comfortable to solve than others. But firstly, it will be good to know the root cause of the issue as it will help you out in the future. Some of the apparent reasons are given below.
The issue with iOS Version
If you are using an outdated version of iOS, you may face errors and bugs that you fix in the older Version. These errors include compatibility issues with the AirPods and connected devices such as iPhone, iPad. To ensure this will not become an issue, try to keep the updated Version of the device running smoothly without any lag.
AirPods are known as portable products that can be taken anywhere at any time with you. Most of the time, problems lie within the electronics of the AirPods. If the AirPods come with any physical damages, there are high chances that inside electronics are faulty, causing lag in performance.
Cleaning the AirPods from time to time also helps you a lot because you have to take extra care of them. To make sure, always try to keep them safe in the protective case. By doing so, you will keep them safe from dust, debris, and wax build-up.
Ways to Fix AirPods That Keep Disconnecting and Reconnecting
Here we go! Why do my Airpods cut off? or Why do my AirPods keep disconnecting and reconnecting? Could you read below to know them deeply? The quiet, frustrating issue, but no worries, follow simple hacks to eliminate this problem.
Check your AirPods Pro Battery
When the battery level of your Airpods is low, they disconnect from the paired devices on their own. They sometimes randomly disconnect and reconnect when the battery level comes to an end, so always try to charge them fully.
Our first step to resolve this issue is checking on the battery level. Suppose it shows the dead level, the Airpods back in the charging case, and let them free to charge. Wait till five minutes, after then they are ready to use again.
Put the AirPods Pro in Charging Case and then take them out
If the Airpods disconnect and reconnect without any reason, try putting them in the charging case. The light indicator starts blinking, and it shows you that they are in charge. After five minutes, put them back into your ear. By doing so, wireless buds reconnect again, and things come back to normal.
Turn off Bluetooth for Other Paired Devices
Let’s say you are using AirPods on the Mac device, then turn off the Bluetooth on the iPhone. If the AirPods keep disconnecting and reconnecting is still there, try to turn off the Bluetooth. You will notice that it works well. We are not sure if it will work with AirPods pro, but it is worth trying.
Disable Automatic Ear Detection of AirPods Pro from iPhone
That is the first thing that comes to anyone’s mind. Why won’t my AirPods stay connected during regular calls? The high chance is that you run out of battery. It may be possible that AirPods have less backup when using them for calls. But if the battery is not the reason, then turning off automatic ear detection and setting AirPods Pro and using them with either left or right Microphone will surely help you out. To do this, follow the given steps:
- On your connected iPhone, open settings and tap on Bluetooth.
- See next to your AirPods pro name. A tiny “i” is present; tap on it. Scroll down more to turn off the toggle for Automatic Ear Detection.
- Now, tap on Microphone and choose either Always Left AirPod or Always Right AirPod.
We hope this method will work, but if not, then move to the next one.
Recommend Reading: Why Do AirPods Hurt Your Fars
Restart the Devices Connected with AirPods Pro
It will be beneficial to restart the iPhone, Apple Watch, or Mac devices once a week. To solve the issue of Airpods keep disconnecting and reconnecting, restart the connected device. By doing so, we are sure the problem will be fixed.
Reset AirPods Pro
Unfortunately, if none of those mentioned above methods works, it is time to reset the AirPods. Here is how you can do this.
- Put the AirPods in their charging case and close the lid. Wait for at least 30 seconds, now open the lid but do not take them out.
- Now open settings on the connected iPhone, tap on Bluetooth, and then on the tiny “i” present next to the AirPod Pro name.
- Confirm the action by tapping on forget this device.
- In the last step, connect the AirPods Pro to your iPhone again. To do this, press and hold the button present at the backside of the charging case. Now follow the setup card when it comes to your iPhone screen.
Contact Apple Support: The Ultimate Solution
When you are using the latest Version of AirPods, this issue might even happen in them. The latest Airpods pro comes with a warranty, therefore. Why do my AirPods keep disconnecting and reconnecting? The question still lies in front of you. Then the best suggestion is to contact Apple support. If they are unable to fix the problem, they may create a support case for you. Next, visit the Apple Store, and when you get to know that AirPods cannot be repaired, try buying a new one.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Do My AirPods Keep Disconnecting And Reconnecting?
Since you know AirPods are wireless; they need to charge fully for doing proper functioning. When the charging goes out, they will automatically disconnect from the paired device. This is by far the first and foremost reason. Air keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.
- Why Won’t My AirPods Stay Connected?
If you are facing trouble keeping the AirPods connected during use, first make sure they are fully charged, then check that the Bluetooth is turned on the device you are going to connect. If it does not work, unpair them from the device and reset the AirPods, connecting them again. It is better to rest the device before trying again.
- Why Do My AirPods Keep Disconnecting 2022?
Sometimes AirPods disconnect because they are improperly connected with your device. Make sure to select the AirPods as the audio device. Usually, they keep discounts when you wear them.
- Why Do My Airpods Cut Off?
Don’t worry if you face an AirPods connection problem where the audio keeps skipping or shuttering. You are not alone. This is a common problem reported by many. This might happen when you are operating the AirPods from 10 feet away from its connected device. Most probably, hurdles and obstacles come in between the devices. Remember that wireless systems are vulnerable to this issue.
- How Do I Update My AirPods Firmware?
If you are using AirPods 2 or AirPods Pro, ensure that the firmware is updated. Sometimes people are not used to it. Here a question comes to mind: How do I update my AirPods firmware? See below!
- Go to the iOS Settings, and tap the Bluetooth option.
- Look for the AirPod option from the list of devices.
- Tap on the tiny “i.”
- On the next page, you will see the firmware version currently used by the AirPods. If it has Version 3E751, there is no need to update as it is the latest one. If not, connect the AirPods to your iPhone by turning on the WiFi, and it starts installing the latest updates.
The Bottom Line
Though AirPods frequently connect and disconnect, the error is not a big issue but is irritating. So, if your airpord is creating issues, connecting and disconnecting repeatedly, you can read this guide from top to bottom and then try these solutions.
Many of the users are benefited from this guide, and we hope your issue will also be fixed. So, start applying from the beginning – we wish you luck!
This Article is Updated.
- AirPods Keep Disconnecting And Reconnecting: What Reasons Could Be
- Ways to Fix AirPods That Keep Disconnecting and Reconnecting
- Check your AirPods Pro Battery
- Put the AirPods Pro in Charging Case and then take them out
- Turn off Bluetooth for Other Paired Devices
- Disable Automatic Ear Detection of AirPods Pro from iPhone
- Restart the Devices Connected with AirPods Pro
- Reset AirPods Pro
- Contact Apple Support: The Ultimate Solution
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The Bottom Line