Are you desiring to know Apple Pay not working on Apple Watch? Don’t go anywhere. Here, we are providing you with the best critical factors on it.
Apple Pay is one of the most appropriate ways to pay, particularly when busy. There are many approaches Apple users can use to access Apple Pay from your iPhone to Apple Watch.
But most frequently, you can face a few problems with Apple Pay, and the major one is Apple Pay not working on Apple Watch.
There can be multiple reasons behind this issue, and of course, these reasons also have solutions. So, in this post, we will provide you with the most common reasons and the quickest yet reliable solutions.
Here you go!
Apple Pay Not Working On Apple Watch – Reasons And Solution
So let’s take a look at the reasons and how we can fix this problem and get it running!
Signing Out And Sign Back Apple ID
Sometimes, you have not signed in to your Apple ID, which can be why Apple Pay does not work on Apple Watch.
From time to time, signing out and signing back into your Apple ID turns into magic and can solve your problem.
- You need to go to settings, scroll down to the bottom.
- Click sign out.
- Launch into your Apple ID password and select turn-off.
- Make a copy of the data you want to keep on your iPhone.
- Click sign out and confirm it again by clicking sign out. So, you will also sign out from your iCloud.
- For signing in again with your Apple ID, restart your phone.
Set Up Apple Pay On Apple Watch
Firstly, you need to ensure that Apple Pay is set up on your iPhone. If Apple Pay is working on your iPhone, make sure it’s set up on your Apple Watch. If it isn’t, set up now.
But are you curious about how to set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch? Here they are! Don’t worry; we are providing you with the best ways. You need to follow a few steps.
- Unlock the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Click on the My Watch tab, scroll down, and choose Wallet & Apple Pay.
- If you use cards, you use them on other Apple devices; they should appear on My Watch. Add them in security Information.
- If you are willing to add a new card, choose add card and fill in the required information.
- Your bank will verify the card as soon as you add the card. You will be allowed to use the card with Apple Pay.
- You get a text alert to confirm the card.
- As it gets varied, you are ready to use it.
Passcode Is Turned On
The Passcode can be a reason for Apple Pay not working on Apple Watch. Your Passcode must be turned on on your Apple Watch for using Apple Pay. If it is turned off, a few methods are required to turn it on. Here they are:
- Open Apple Watch App and scroll down to Passcode.
- Click on Passcode and turn on Passcode. After this, create a passcode.
If the Passcode is already turned on, it is suggested to turn it off and wait for a few seconds. And turn it on again.
Check Region And Language For Apple Watch
Sometimes, there can be a contradiction in language, location, and region on your paired iPhone and Apple Watch. You can make them correct through these steps:
- Open Apple Watch on your iPhone.
- Click on My Watch Tab and go for language/region settings. For this, click on general (language and region).
- After this, select “Mirror my iPhone.”
- Now, open the Settings app on your iPhone and go for general.
- Confirm the language, region, location is matching your watch by clicking on language and region.
Restart Or Force Restart Watch And iPhone
Occasionally, turning off your iPhone and Apple Watch can solve your problem. If not, then try a forced restart.
Forced Restart Apple Watch required some steps to follow:
- Click the side button and digital crown at the same time until you see the Apple logo on the watch’s screen.
Forced Restart iPhone also required a procedure to follow:
- Press and release the volume up button at once; press and release the volume down button at once. Then, press and hold on to the side button.
- Release the side button when the Apple logo emerges on your iPhone screen.
Apple Pay Current Status On Apple Server
If you see a problem with Apple’s server, it shows that there is no problem with Apple Pay. For checking apple’s server, go to the Apple System Status page. Then, check for Apple Pay. If the circle next to it is green, the server is excellent and working. If it is not, then it means you have to wait as the Apple server will be working on its connection, and the solution is not in your hands.
Delete And Re-add The Cards
Deleting and re-adding cards can do wonders for you. You can add cards in the Wallet and Apple Watch on your iPhone.
- You can do this by opening Apple Watch on your iPhone.
- Click on the My Watch tab.
- Choose Wallet and Apple Pay.
- Select you to delete and tap on remove this card and confirm.
- As the card gets deleted, add it again by clicking on add card.
Unpair And Re-Pair Your Apple Watch
Restoring from backup is not a solution every time. You can also unpair and repair your Apple watch. But if you use this procedure, you have to set up a wallet. As a result, Apple Pay should work on your Apple Watch.
- For unpairing, the Apple Watch, follow the given procedure.
- Go to the Watch app and choose all watches.
- Click on unpair Apple Watch.
- After doing this, restart your watch and phone, unlock the Watch app to repair the devices.
- Select Apple Watch instead of new.
Contact Your Bank Or Apple Support
If you are done and tired of trying every solution, the one you need to try is to contact Apple Support or your bank. If there are problems with your card, contact your card issuer/bank.
If everything is perfect by your side, then there must be an issue with your Apple Support System. You can contact them by call or ask them for online help.
Frequently Asked Questions
A few of the questions you frequently ask are also answered in this article. Let’s have a look at them.
Why Is My Apple Watch Wallet Not Working?
The reason behind this problem can be the use of not updated devices. For this, update the latest version of iOS, macOS, and watchOS. If still, it has not started working, try some other solutions provided to you in this article.
How Do I Fix Apple Pay Not Working?
There can be so many reasons, and they need to be fixed.
- Sign in Apple ID.
- Ensure that you are signed in to iCloud.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Remove and re-add the card from Wallet App.
- Check Apple Server System, whether Apple Pay is working or not.
- Make sure that the Software is Updated.
Why Did My Apple Pay Decline?
Some major and minor problems can be the possible reason behind this issue.
- Your physical card has been blocked temporarily.
- You do not have enough balance in your account.
- An incorrect pin is entered.
- Unsupported contactless payments.
The Wrap Up
So, these were some major and minor issues that are obstacles to Apple Pay not working on Apple Watch. We expect that we have provided you with enough knowledge in this article. After reading it, you will quickly get your way without going anywhere else!
This Article is Updated.