Are curved monitors good for photo editing? Yes, curved monitors are good for photo editing.
Are curved Monitors Good for photo editing?
Let’s see few factors involved for making a curved monitor good for photo editing or not.
What type of monitor is best for photo editing?
The type of monitor best for photo editing is usually the monitor designed to specialize in graphics display. These monitors have a few features:
1. Good color calibration. Wide color spectrum
2. High resolution and brightness levels
3. IPS display with better angle-viewing and a broader color display range
4. Larger and rotatable display screen
5. Curved screen
Are curved monitors good Photoshop?
Yes, curved monitors are good for Photoshop. They provide a closer-to-life image quality when compared to flat screens and offer give a better editing experience.
The curved screens dispense immersion viewing with the center of the screen at a better view-point for focusing and slightly raised edges. They enhance the image quality and put less strain on eyes.
Click here, If you are interested in reading our latest buyer guide on Best Second Monitor for iMac.
Curved monitors also have a wider aspect ratio. This means the screens can fit in more content. This makes editing easier as multiple Photoshop tools can be opened without making the screen too crowded.
Do curved monitors distort images?
Curved monitors may distort images if you do not view the screen from the center. The curved edges may also reflect extra light and cause glare.
This is especially the case with CRT (cathode ray tubes) which are concave and cause image distortion at the edges.
However, unlike CRT, flat panels are curved evenly along one axis and this makes the distortion negligible.
Do any pros use curved monitors?
Yes, pro editors and people who work with graphics use curved monitors owing to the added advantages they provide.
However, pro-gamers do not like to use curved monitors due to a multitude of reasons:
- Curved screens are wider (21:9) while most games are designed for a narrow screen (16:9), so images may be restricted to the center.
- Edges of the screen may have image distortion.
- With the stretching of the screen, the tools are marginalized and become inaccessible.
This Article is Updated.
- Best 1080p 144hz monitor
- Best 240Hz monitor for gaming
- Best Monitor for fps games
- Best Monitor for reading documents
- Best Laptop for architecture
- Best Laptop with backlit keyboard