Gone are those days when block stamps were used to print designs on fabric in the clothing industry. Out of several technological advancements, DTG printing is another highly embraced technology.
If you are planning to step into the field, we suggest you check some of the best DTG printers for small business. In this way, before you start your own clothing line, you will know the essentials that can be useful to skyrocket your business.
These direct-to-textile printers are a rage in the industry because of various reasons. For example, it’s quite fast, creates a unique design, is extremely eco-friendly, and can be used for short production as well as mass production of garments.
What is DTG Printing?
DTG means Direct to Garments and is a cutting-edge technology that ensures excellent performance and quality output. Despite being a great advancement of technology, it is only popular among small business.
Digital direct-to-garment printing is opposite to what was done previously using labor-intensive methods. These printers are integrated with inkjet printing technology with several color reproduction programs and longer-lasting printing performance.
As the name implies, a DTG printer prints design on garments directly. You can create awesome custom gear with fast and beautiful prints using these printers. This web-to-print innovation has made printing complicated prints on t-shirts super easy since the material does not bulge.
Even though many businesses use printers for fabric printing but, those are not DTG printers. A lot of companies use home inkjet printers or sublimation printers which do deliver high levels of precision but cost more and are time-consuming. However, those who know about DTG printers don’t know enough. This leads to getting printers that are below par their needs.
Let the technology take over the highly skilled labor work using a DTG printer. You can easily find the best DTG printers for small business with high as well as low maintenance costs, it depends on the model. Boost your business’s reputation with the right direct-to-garment (DTG) printer that guarantees amazing printing accuracy.
What Are The Advantages Of DTG Printing?
DTG printer is considered ideal short production equipment that prints directly on fabric. One of the foremost reasons to opt for this technology is it is easier to use functions as compared to the rival methods. These printers require very little preparation before you load the garments.
Whether you have to print a single fabric or there are a couple of them, this printer can handle a small batch with excellence. To know more about the amazing advantages of DTG printing, we urge you to keep reading further.
1.) Easy To Operate:
Unlike the labor-intensive work that can only be done by people with skills, DTG printing is super easy to use. The biggest reason why these printers are appealing to small businesses is that they can be operated by literally anyone. In this way, you don’t rely on anyone to do the job for you.
Since these printers work pretty much the same as regular home/office printers do, if you know how to operate them, you can easily work with the DTG printers as well.
2.) Relatively Inexpensive:
It is worth mentioning that these printers are available at an affordable price point with a lower cost of operation. You won’t have to create individual screens to replicate the design since the printing will be done after connecting your DTG printer to a computer. This minimizes the overall printing setup. With no requirement for individual screens, the printer has an extremely low production cost.
3.) Full-Color Printing:
What else could be better than having a printer that prints all colors in one go? Yes, the DTG can do it. Regardless of the complexity of the print, this printer is capable of printing a wide range of colors in a single pass. However, for darker fabric, one-pass prints won’t work and you might have to pass it again for extremely clear and sharp color saturation.
4.) Great Flexibility:
DTG printing industry is not limited to garment printing only but several other types of businesses. Though it is popular for fabric printing but can lend its hands to several other industries too. This increases the types of markets to explore which are capable of returning a huge audience. From fancy dresses to casual everyday wear, the DTG printers offer a lot more.
5.) Can Print On Various Fabrics:
A decent DTG printer is good for all popular fabric types. Whether you are using cotton garments for printing t-shirts, dress shirts, polo shirts, hoodies, or pants, the printer can handle it all. Moreover, you can also print designs on fabric like stretchable leggings, baby bodysuits, and bibs, sleeves, socks, underwear, pockets or silk scarfs, etc.
6.) Quick Turnaround:
Every customer appreciates quick service from brands and to fulfill this demand of your customers, you need a competitive DTG printer. This must-have equipment is an incredible feature for small businesses especially for the ones printing on a variety of garments.
As buyers, we always want our product to be delivered within 24 hours, no? Think like a buyer. This printer would seem no less than a blessing to you. Since anything under 20 is super convenient for this machine, you must not overload it.
Maintain its efficiency by loading small batches and watch it turn around the orders in no time. As discussed above, its short prep time increases overall production with high accuracy.
7.) Superb Details:
Wondering if a print that looks stunning on your computer would look equally the same printed on a shirt too? Well, the digital high-definition printing by these versatile DTG printers looks brilliant not only on the screen but on fabric as well.
These printers print high-quality graphics that doesn’t disappoint the customers. Moreover, it also makes DTG printers a great choice for gifting unique items to your friends or family.
Because of the impeccable details, you can easily print on polyester, silk, and cotton. Along with t-shirt printing, cylinder printing, canvas bag printing, and mobile phone case printing have become a new trend. You can create your very own trendiest collection using the best DTG printers for small business.
8.) Long-Lasting Prints:
Most of the buyers fear that the prints might get cracked after some time. But, the direct-to-garment printers don’t let that happen. Since this machine uses ink to directly print onto the fabric without the need for additional layers to coat it, the prints aren’t chapped.
This makes DTG printers a great addition if you are getting into the merch business. Printing custom t-shirts or other fabrics at such a low cost per print that don’t crack over time is a deal to not miss at all.
Are Screen Printing And Sublimation Printing The Same?
Printing designs on cloth or any other vector is surely an enjoyable yet highly rewarding activity. But, it is all fun and games until you choose the wrong printing method. These techniques allow you to print on pants, onesies, t-shirts, and hoodies. You can also print your own unique designs on cups, badges, caps, bags, keychains, etc.
Screen printing and sublimation printing are two amazing tech support in the printing industry. Here is what you need to know about the differences between the two:
1.) Screen Printing:
Also known as silk screen printing or serigraphy is a method where stencils of the desired design are used to print it. the stencil is placed carefully on the object where the design must be printed. Ink is then poured over the stencil and spread evenly via a cotton-like device.
Screen printing is a time-consuming process but produces a high-quality finish on both light and dark-color t-shirts. This method has also opted for printing on bags, balloons, and merchandise.
It is a highly efficient piece of equipment that ensures excellent product quality and quantity with durability and accuracy.
2.) Sublimation Printing:
Dye-sublimation printing technology is another name for this printing technique. A sublimation printer prints the digital image or any digital design on a sublimation paper rather than on the fabric directly. The sublimation paper is then placed on the object or fabric. Using a heat press printing machine, the image is then transferred to the desired area.
Though the process takes more time and effort, the results are weatherproof and durable. The only drawback of this technique is that you can only print polyester with sublimation ink. Printing on bags, cloth, or any other object won’t work for this technique.
Top 7 Best DTG Printers For Small Business
Let’s finally have a detailed look at the best DTG printers for small business. Boost the productivity of your small t-shirt printing shop with these printers. Give each product a thorough look and pick the one that fulfills your requirements right.
|1||Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II||● Weight: 32.4 Pounds|
● Resolution: 4800 x 1200 dpi
● Wattage: 16 Watts
|2||Epson Artisan 1430||● Weight: 35.3 Pounds|
● Resolution: 5760 x 1440 dpi
● Duplex: No
|3||HP Deskjet 9800||● Weight:23 Pounds|
● Resolution: 4800 x 1200 dpi
● Duplex: Automatic
|4||HP K8600 Office||● Weight: 27.1 Pounds|
● Resolution: 4800 x 1200 dpi
● Duplex: Yes
|5||Epson Stylus R1800||● Weight: 34.3 Pounds|
● Resolution: 5760 x 1440 dpi
● Duplex: No
|6||Epson Expression XP-15000||● Weight: 18.7 Pounds|
● Resolution: 5760 x 1440 dpi
● Duplex: Automatic
|7||Canon TS5320||● Weight: 17.25 Pounds|
● Resolution: 4800 x 1200 dpi
● Duplex: Print/Copy/Scan
|8||HP Color LaserJet M751n||● Weight: 99.4 Pounds|
● Resolution: 1200 x 1200 dpi
● Duplex: Manual
|9||HP OfficeJet Pro 7740||● Weight: 42.9 Pounds|
● Resolution: 4800 x 1200 dpi
● Duplex: utomatic
|10||Canon Pixma iX6520||● Weight: 16.7 Pounds|
● Resolution: 9600 x 2400 dpi
● Duplex: No
- The sheer number of utilities that this A4-size flatbed printer machine has is beyond one can imagine. The sophisticated-looking machine works without any noise and mess. Moreover, because of its compact size, you will always have a space for it even in your small home office.
- Despite being an entry-level digital garment printer, the technical specifications of this printer are surely jaw-dropping. With 12 ppm printing speed and 21cm x 30cm printing size, this printer seems to be pretty fast.
- This digital textile printer by HRM usually works well with thin fabric therefore, you can print on skirts, t-shirts, onesies, socks, etc. With this machine, you won’t be able to print on hoodies or sweatshirts.
- You will get the DTG printed designs at a whopping resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi. Note that this printer works with the heat press method so you would have to arrange a heat press machine as well.
The overall printing performance of this printer is pretty impressive. From high resolution to faster garment printing, you can’t get better printing results at a small fraction of a cost.
Note: You must have a Windows PC or laptop since this printer comes with AcroRIP 9.0, free printing software that is compatible with Windows only.
- This classic-looking DTG printer has a user-friendly design with an automatic height adjustment feature. You can also adjust the height manually according to your requirements. It utilizes a non-contact inkjet printing method and has 540 nozzle pieces.
- Just like the HRM A4 size DTG printer, this model also works well with thin fabric such as cotton. For light-colored t-shirts, the printer takes about 3-5 minutes whereas, for darker t-shirts, the printer prints within 6-7 minutes.
- Impressive user-friendliness is a great quality of a decent DTG printer and this monitor has an incredibly user-friendly interface. Even if you are operating a DTG printer for the first time, its super easy controls will make everything a piece of cake for you.
- For the color system, it works with six colors i.e., CMYK + WW. As mentioned above, this printer has 540 nozzle pieces which means, 90 pieces for each of the 6 colors. Because of the intelligent variable ink droplet system, the minimum drop is 1.5 picoliters.
Speaking of the printer’s printing quality and overall performance, it has fair enough features which are hard to get at this price point. Its brand-new system software i.e., AcroRIP 9.0 ensures high print efficiency. The software is compatible with various Windows OS including XP, 7, 8, and 10.
Here we present to you another best DTG printer for small business. Epson has never failed to amuse its customers by creating top-notch office and home printers. You must have heard about different types of printers from Epson and now we are introducing DTG printers to you.
- These printers look extremely decent and work exceptionally well for printing high-quality prints. Get creative designs printed on your tees with the best t-shirt printers from the Epson F-Series.
- Luckily, all the models in this series have good material compatibility that allows you to even print advertising materials. These include t-shirts, sweatshirts, pants, stretchable leggings, shoes, bags, zipper garments, etc. Even after the prints, all the clothes remain quite comfortable to wear.
- You can print digital images, texts, or DIY clothes patterns on the object without losing a bit of its clarity. These printers can print up to the resolution of 1440 dpi, maintaining sharpness and clarity.
Epson PrecisionCore® Printhead Technology is one of the several features responsible for the unbeatable performance of these DTG printers. Moreover, Simultaneous Highlight White technology improves the printing speed by printing color image information and white highlights at the same time.
The quick-load grip pads result in quicker garment loading, making the overall operation less time-consuming.
Up next, we have this automatic flatbed UV printer from CHENJIU. It is a versatile DTG printer that has the capability of printing in two different sizes i.e., A3 and A4. Read further to find out more about its features.
- The CHENJIU DTG printer is a complete package that is ready to use as it arrives. You don’t have to set the configurations or install anything. Moreover, it features an infrared sensor that automatically adjusts the height. So convenient!
- Being a versatile printer, this printer can create your unique designs on mobile cases, sweatshirts, tile decoration, wallpapers, or anything you like. The printer would do its job regardless of the size and object without compromising on the print quality.
- The superb resolution of 5760 x 2880 dpi makes sure that you get the exact print as you see on the digital screen. As for the printing speed, an A4 size print takes around 3 minutes at 2880 dpi.
- Furthermore, its six-color continuous ink supply holds the responsibility for vivid and accurate colors. The ink colors include CMYK + WW.
By now, you must be pretty impressed by the features just like we were. The overall performance is brilliant, thanks to the high-end features.
Since the printer uses different UV inks, continuous running can cause the UV lamps to heat up. Don’t worry, the water and air cooling technology have got it covered.
- The printer is pretty compact in size and hence can find a place to sit even in the smallest offices. In addition, it is a heat transfer PET film printer that eliminates the need for fabric pretreatment.
- But, after printing the PET film via a DTF printer, you would require a heat press machine to transfer the print onto the garment. The DTF technology can print on t-shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts, jeans, canvas, pillows, shoes, and a lot more.
- Printing speed seems to be relatively slow i.e., 6 minutes per A4 size page at 2800 dpi resolution. Whereas, the ink supply mode is pretty generous with two systems i.e., continuous ink supply and white ink mixing.
DTF itself is a new technology that prints effortlessly on t-shorts and other materials. In terms of performance, this printer works extremely well with high color accuracy and print clarity.
Like other DTG printers, this one also comes along with AcroRIP 9.0 software that is compatible with Windows operating systems.
This printer utilizes dye sublimation printing technology which means the design will be printed on a sublimation paper rather than the fabric directly. The most amazing thing about this printer is the one-piece quantity production, making it one of the best DTG printers for small business.
- The overall look of the printer is a little funky than the casual printers. But, who cares about the looks when the machine is serving its purpose about right, no?
- Since it uses sublimation printing technology, note that you can only print on polyester material. However, if you want to print on cotton, you would require pigment ink instead of sublimation ink.
- The printer is capable of printing up to the resolution of 2880 dpi with color adjustability features. Overall, the printer is super easy to use and can help you create your own customized t-shirts, shirts, bags, etc.
Its overall great performance is backed by simple functions, no requirement of a printing plate, affordable price, and above all, exceptional printing quality.
The brand ‘Brother’ is known for producing higher-end printers that work in supreme quality and a newer and innovating design of DTG printing is their Brother GTXpro. It is a state-of-the-art printer that can be used to print multiple garments.
- The compact-looking industrial DTG printer by brother is very convenient and easy to use. Thanks to its platen of 355 x 406mm, you can print the sleeves of the shirt, shoes, caps, trousers, and many other garments without any difficulty hence making it a very flexible printer.
- Not only does it have a wide range of color gamut but also delivers swift prints in a time frame of just 30 seconds. Printing higher resolution shouldn’t be a problem as the GTXpro has a dpi of 1200 x 1200.
- The printer uses internal ink circulation that limits the usage of ink for cleaning. Also, the Innobella textile ink provides supreme accuracy of colors and is environmentally friendly to use.
- Another major feature the GTXpro possesses is the automatic height adjustment sensor that prevents the ink mist by adjusting the print platen height properly. Also, the printer has a max platen size of 16 x 21 inches.
With the Brother GTXpro, you can print a large volume and achieve optimal performance. The DTG printer is designed to reduce maintenance and work in optimized algorithms that are very easy to use. The company ‘Brother’ sends their skilled technician for installation and provides all the essential training materials for usage.
How To Print Using DTG Printer Like A Pro?
Just like any science or art, it requires some professional tips to master the technique. DTG printing is one of those techniques. Even though using this printer is pretty simple, there are some additional tips to maximize your profits.
1.) Pretreat The Garment:
DTG printers are the digital revolution designed to print on different garment sizes and shapes. But, the garment used requires some pretreatment as well. So, make sure you set the pretreat machine to the right specifications.
2.) Use High-Quality Garments:
Choosing high-quality garments is another step to pretreatment. Remember that good-quality fabric will always make a huge difference in the overall appeal. The most widely used cloth for printing is cotton as the DTG printers work best with this fabric too.
Polyester is usually not recommended for DTG printers because this material repels water and the printer’s ink is mostly water-based.
3.) Placement Must Be Accurate:
Even a smidge off the right position, the print won’t be accurate, creating an unappealing and unusable garment. So, if you are a first-time DTG owner, make sure you practice the unique placement first and train your eyes. You can also use measuring devices to place the material accurately on the right spot.
Investing in garment printing for small-scale projects requires an eagle eye that can find the best DTG printer for small business. Since these printers have relatively low setup costs, you can find some low-budget DTG printers as well as those with a high upfront cost.
But, let us tell you, all that glitter is not gold. Don’t run after the cheap price to save money and don’t fall for very expensive printers for the sake of high performance. To ease this daunting process for you, we present you with our ultimate guide.
Below are some of the important factors that you consider to find the best direct-to-garment printer. Check it out.
1.) Printing Resolutions:
If you are choosing a DTG printer for mass production or small scale, it is of keen importance to look for a printer that provides exquisite resolution. Nobody likes to have a poor quality of resolution on his or her clothes hence you should spend wisely and look for production quality printers.
The minimum number of dots per inch (dpi) that is required for a quality DTG print is around 1440 dpi. A resolution less than 1440 dpi will result in poor and fuzzy images which can be a problem for your business hence remember to invest your buck in a printer that has a resolution of 1440 dpi or more.
2.) Printing Speed:
For mass-scale printing, having a DTG printer with a rapid printing speed is considered a blessing as it boosts the volume of production and also saves a lot of time. In the market, there are printers available that promise to deliver a large volume within a couple of hours.
Despite the printing speed, there are also some features such as single-pass printing that can help to improve the production of your clothing brand. Therefore, be sure to spend your hard-earned money on a quality printer.
3.) Ease Of Use:
Generally, operating the DTG printer and understanding the different types of functions can be complex and troublesome for a new person. However, the majority of DTG printing machines are now designed to be user-friendly and easy to use so the user does not have any issues and problems while using the DTG machine.
We would suggest you look for printers that are easy to use. Printers by Epson are a great example of DTG printers that are not only convenient to use but also very much user-friendly.
4.) Printable Area:
Owning a DTG with high printing speed is not the only way to maximize efficiency in your clothing business. Yes! You heard us right. Now you can opt for printers that have a much larger printable area than normal to achieve multiple quality prints at a single time.
Depending upon your budget, you can choose industrial-level machines that have the capacity to print four to five shirts in a single pass or go for the classic compact model that will be available on a mid-level price range.
5.) Quality of Print:
One of the major factors you want to keep in mind while spending your money on a high-end DTG printer is the quality of the print. We would advise you to print a sample t-shirt and check the quality of the print. If that’s not possible then you should look for the customer reviews as the majority of the reviews discusses the quality and speed of DTG printers. Our suggestion would be to go for DTG printers that have a high-resolution quality output and accuracy in colors.
7.) Type Of Clothing:
Printing a normal T-shirt is not the only way you can use a DTG printer. You can now use a DTG printer for printing aprons, sweatshirts, and even shopping bags. The only thing you need to be sure about is the size and function of the printer.
Most of the DTG printers in the market have numerous features that give you the option to decorate your t-shirts and other clothing material so invest your money in a printer that suits your garment business.
8.) Total Cost Of Ink:
Since DTG is a heavy one-time investment, you will be looking for all ways to maximize your profit and save your money. One of the key aspects of earning efficiency is the total cost of ink. By calculating the average cost of ink per t-shirt or garment, you can make a good estimation of how much money you are spending.
Using that info, you can choose to print in black and white or in color. The more frequently you use your DTG printer, the more the cost of your ink would be.
This Article is Updated.
- JBL Speaker Sizes - December 19, 2022
- Tesla Spotify Not Working ( Easy Fixes ) - December 15, 2022
- Factory Reset Oculus ( Meta ) Quest 2 without phone - December 14, 2022
- What is DTG Printing?
- What Are The Advantages Of DTG Printing?
- Are Screen Printing And Sublimation Printing The Same?
- Top 7 Best DTG Printers For Small Business
- 1.) HRM DTG Printer T-Shirt Printing Machine
- 2.) HRM A3 Size DTG Printer for T-Shirts
- 3.) Epson SureColor DTG Printers F-Series
- 4.) CHENJIU DTG Printer
- 5.) Punehood DTF L1800 Printer
- 6.) Refretonic MT-YA3 Digital Textile Printer
- 7.) Brother GTXpro DTG Printer
- How To Print Using DTG Printer Like A Pro?
- Buying Guide:
- Ending Thoughts: