Do you want the strength of a heavy gaming desktop PC but paired with portability and style? Hit the Best Surface Pro For Gaming and enjoy!
If you’re born to be a gamer, the Best Surface Pro For Gaming mentioned in the article below is going to make you happy!
Gaming is an entirely different universe, and not every laptop or screen can cater to the needs of a gamer. We know how crucial a screen’s refresh rate, resolution, frequency, and response time are to support the player on the battlefield – that’s why we have wisely chosen the best Surface Pro Screens for your passion.
Also, not every game demands the highest specs or the latest technology – sometimes you just need to be wise to choose a computer with perfect capabilities. And how would you prefer that screen? You just need to be armed with essential information that we will include in the article below.
These will surely help you to choose the well-equipped PC pampered with the latest specs, commendable portability, longer battery life, high responsive screens, and the newest display that won’t put any strain on your eyes. Ready to explore goodness? Let’s have a look at our keenly chosen Best Surface Pro For Gaming.
What Should I Know About Surface Pro Gaming?
The best surface pro machine doesn’t have to be expensive or the latest one always. Instead, the best Surface Pro for gaming can be measured in terms of being long-lasting, high-powered, and durable. Don’t forget that most laptops fail when it comes to gaming because not every screen can handle gaming pressure.
Sometimes even a hot seller model can fail for gaming as games demand heavy input, sturdiness, and quick processing. Surface Pro Screens have the potential to win hearts in this regard as these screens offer sturdiness packed in a slim, sleek design along with longer battery life of at least 10hrs and light portability.
Also, many of the Surface Pro can be used as a laptop, a studio, or a tablet when combined with a Type Cover Keyboard. You can also pair it with a Microsoft Arc Mouse or a simple mouse to enjoy gaming at its best. You can play a simple game like Microsoft Treasure Hunt on tablet mode whenever wherever you want. At the same time, you can use a keyboard and mouse to play demanding games like Asphalt 8 or Sims 4 to taste the intense driving experience.
What Type Of Games Can I Play On Surface Pro?
Surface Pro comes with Windows 10, and thanks to this, there are unlimited games that you can stream and play with Microsoft Surface Pro. The choices are endless, and you can play almost anything from fun-filled puzzle Candy Crush Soda Saga to thrilling Xbox Gaming.
You can enjoy numerous Free Windows 10 Games on your surface, including Microsoft Treasure Hunt, where you can chase and collect the treasure, or the Asphalt 8: Airborne for intense racing and driving experience. Other than these, you’d also love Tiny Troopers 2: Special Ops, where you can strive to win three thrilling and special operations.
In short, either you love diving, racing, chasing, building, or fighting, there are hundreds of options for you to play on your Microsoft Surface Pro.
On the other hand, there are many Paid Games for Windows 10 that cater to experienced gamers with built gaming tastes. For example, NBA JAM is available for about $2.99 only and lets you play football with many other teams.
Also, thanks to Windows 10, streaming Xbox One games is quite convenient on the Surface Pro Series. Microsoft Surface Pro understands the gaming requirements and thus offers different configurations for different needs. You can rest assured of enjoying all types of games only if you choose a model accordingly!
Let’s see what we have for you today;
Best Surface Pro For Gaming
Microsoft has made its customers happy with the Surface series launch that includesexcellentSurface Laptop, Surface Book, and Surface Pro tablets. Following is the list of Surface Pro featuring the best gaming capabilities.
Choose In A Blink – Our Top Pick
If you think you don’t have enough time to consider all, you can trust my personal favorite Microsoft Surface Pro 5. It’s a convertible tablet and PC featuring a 12.3” wide-enough ultra-high-definition touch-screen.
It wins as the best surface pro for gaming because it comes with an Intel Core M3 processor and a combination of 4GB Memory and 28GB SSD storage. It runs smoothly and can work even under pressure situations. You can use multiple tabs at a time with convenience!
However, plenty of other factors count while choosing gaming compatible surface pro. That’s why it’d be beneficial to overview all the products as well.
Don’t forget to look into our comparison table as it will assist you incracking the key features of our selected products.
Best Surface Pro for Gaming
Microsoft Surface Pro 5 is well-known for its reliability and super-fast performance. People who are pro in gaming complement the model on the internet since it is truly a masterpiece. The screen size, hardware, outdoor compatibility, screen responsiveness, and speakers – everything is absolutely compatible for gaming.
- The display of Surface Pro 5 has a high resolution of around 2736 x 1824p on a 12.3″ screen. The display comes with a PixelSense touch-screen LCD and is powered by Intel HD Graphics 615 for the most outstanding visual quality.
- It’s the 7th Generation Intel Core M3 dual-core processor combined with 4 GB RAM and 128GB SSD storage to run the games without any streaming load.
- The card reader slot on Pro 5 can be an extra treat for those who want to keep a handful of data in the tablet and still want to stream glitch-free games.
- Its Bluetooth connectivity is 4.1, and there’s a USB 3.0, too. Also, you can enjoy Mini DisplayPort and a headphone jack designed for multitasking on a rich black Surface Pro 5.
- Windows 10 has been customized for gaming and professional use, weighing 1.69 pounds and including an 8 MP back camera and a 5-megapixel front camera for live gaming events – this is one product to trust without a doubt.
- Choose your additional Type of Cover with or without the Microsoft Surface Pro’s signature cover to enhance your performance.
Surface Pro 5’s 2,736 x 1,824 resolution touchscreen supports Microsoft’s pressure-sensitive stylus and assures smooth performance other than gaming, too. It also comes in various attractive configurations, all of which run Windows 10 Pro. The Surface Pro is still tiny and light, but it isn’t cheap. The high resolution, 12.3-inch touchscreen, an amazing 3:2 aspect ratio, and the angular design – all add up to provide the best look and feel. The magnetic keyboard connector behind the magnesium alloy builds, and the massive, fully adjustable kickstand are all perfect in a way.
- Luxury hybrid
- Incredible results
- The touchscreen display is stunning.
- Keyboard sold separately
- Comparatively costly
With its great set of features, Microsoft Surface Pro 7 has made a big reputation for itself and has become a brand with gamer’s trust. This laptop is available and is a little pricey, but it is a great all-arounder that can be used as a fighting game device as well as a regular laptop. As all Surface Pro are convertible into laptops or studios, it’s a convenient deal for students who have to make notes, prepare assignments or presentations, and also want to play during their free time.
- Surface Pro 7 has a 12.3-inch touchscreen and an Intel Core i7 processor. The laptop packs 16GB RAM and 256GB SSD Storage – none of your games are now going to slow down ever. You can input your commands within nanoseconds for sure!
- All basic connectivity options are available, such as USB-C and USB-A connectors, and that means it’s not a big deal to connect it with other devices for fantastic, more incredible fun. You can enjoy your music in speaker mode while playing with your friends around.
- It has an extremely light body, weighing approximately 1.70 pounds, and that adds to the portability for on-the-go gaming fun. Also, the battery is nowhere less than 10.5hrs meaning you won’t be bored on your next trip.
- The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is a fast-charging smart notebook that only takes a few minutes to charge 100%.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 Notebook’s portability is increased by its super compact and light design. It features 12.74-inch (L) x 9.09-inch (W) x 1.91-inch (H) dimensions with an 8-megapixel rear webcam.
Moving on to the essential feature of gaming, the hardware! The CPU-RAM-SSD trio on this notebook is enough to handle the most demanding games, like Build and Defend the Empire, Tiny Troopers 2, and many others.
- Latest and hot-seller model
- Ample storage and memory
- The notebook is quite light.
- Comparatively expensive
The next one in our today’s list of Best Surface Pro For Gaming is another high-quality option in Microsoft’s Surface Pro line. This Surface Pro 6 is an excellent laptop, studio, and tablet. The best thing about this minion is, it may be ideal for you if you do not want to spend a lot of money but still want a Surface Pro.
- With a standing display screen size of 12.3 inches and the ability to conveniently turn into a studio and tablet, this laptop is the best in class.
- With the new Intel Core Processor (8th Generation), you’ll have more power to play fighting games like never before.
- The screen resolution is 2736x1824p like all other previous models, which, in combination with Intel HD graphics, provide an appealing and intimate gaming experience.
- Ultra-slim and lightweight 1.7 pounds Surface Pro 6 wins the hearts with its impressively long 13.5 hours battery life. That means you can finish all your work while still having some battery left for a quick entertainment shot.
- The fun is doubled when the CPU and GPU combine with a 256GB SSD and 8GB RAM to run your games like a knife sliding on butter.
The keys on this beautiful laptop keyboard are black with white text. It makes their alphabets stand out correctly. In terms of size, the Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is a masterpiece. Its dimensions of 7.9 x 11.5 x 0.33 inches make it a perfect laptop in length, and it is available in royal black color.
When it comes to the camera, it is just as impressive as the rest of the features, with an 8 MP rear webcam camera offering a stable and standard image quality.
Addinto g on, the laptop includes light and motion sensors like an accelerometer and gyroscope that let you enjoy a supported gaming experience where everything accordingly adjusts to the motion and light. That means, with Pro 6, you can play motion games like Asphalt 8 with comfort and support like in none other.
- Best gadget for the gamers
- High in performance
- Light in Weight
- Sleek and stylish
- Not available in many colors
The Surface Pro 4 by Microsoft is an oldie but a goldie. Though this is among the senior models, it packs the sturdiness that other latest models may lack. Also, the hardware is high and intact that assures impressive gaming and computing compatibility like any other latest models but at a reasonable price. The tablet’s screen colors are still remarkable, and they display smooth image and video processing. Everything is just so good in this Pro 4.
- Surface Pro 4 comes with an Intel Core i5-6300U processor paired with Intel HD Graphics 520, 8GB RAM, and 256GB SSD – what else a gamer would demand!
- Windows 10 Professional is pre-installed and is ready to use instantly. It also offers wireless connectivity and 4.0 Bluetooth, which means a gamer will never face issues while connecting it with Bluetooth headphones or other devices.
- The 2.4 GHz processor is paired with a full-size USB 3.0 port, a microSD card reader, and a headphone connector.
- The amazing 5MP front-facing and 8MP rear-facing cameras with 1080p HD video recording, Mini DisplayPort, Cover port, and Charging port make it a complete power box for gamers.
- The display is around 12.3 inches with PixelSense touchscreen technology and 2736x1824p resolution, so you can never miss your enemies on the battleground. Also, the dual speakers with Dolby Audio-enhanced sound won’t let you miss even a beat.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is a popular model from the company, and it offers 8GB of RAM and a standard connection. The specs and features, along with 1080p HD video recording, are great for video gaming and live chat sessions with your game partners.
The screen display on the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is excellent. It features a high-definition display, built-in stereo speakers, and a supportive keyboard and mouse (sold separately) to boost up the gaming experience.
Windows 10 Professional is the operating system. This Certified Refurbished item has been thoroughly examined and certified to seem and function as new. Functional testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging are all part of the refurbishing process.
- Affordable and Reliable
- Adaptable and Versatile
- Low-cost but high-quality
- A refurbished computer, not a new one.
This Microsoft Surface Go will be easy to use and quick to access. You must invest in such a system if you want lag-free performance for your next gaming quests. You will also have standard connectivity and reliable performance with plenty of other computing tasks. Also, this is the first 10-inches Surface screen in our today’s list – just in case you want super-easy portability.
- A High-resolution 10-inch display with Pixelsense technology ensures impressive watch and play hours. When combined with a stylus, it works as a reliable writing screen, too.
- This features a 1.6 GHz Pentium with an intel processor, a flash memory hard drive, and a 2MB graphic card. Enough for fundamental to medium-level gaming!
- Microsoft Surface Go also works with Windows 10 Home operating system with an average battery of 9 hours.
- Product dimension is 9.7x 6.9 x 0.3 inches, wireless 802.11abg with one lithium polymer battery.
The 10-inch display, for example, is created with excellent characteristics such as an 1800 x 1200 display to provide you a vast visual you will love when gaming. The optimum graphic card size is 2MB, which will allow you to stream into games like Minecraft and StarWars, mostly on Intel Pentium gold processors. The Microsoft Surface Go has 8 GB of RAM and 256GB SSD to cater to the needs of gamers.
The operating system is Windows 10, which makes it super fast to use for gaming. The laptop battery lasts 9 hours, which is not as long as other laptop batteries, but it can charge 50% in 45 minutes.
It will come with Windows 10 Home in S Mode and light intensity sensors. You can use it in Laptop, Tablet, or Studio Mode, depending on your needs.
- An entirely new option.
- Lightest gadget.
- Many covers are available.
- Refreshed options are more affordable.
This Mighty Surface Pro 3 by Microsoft is the only one on our list that operates Windows 8.1, and that’s because it’s an older model. Microsoft Pro 3 is designed for great daily base use and entertaining basic gaming. Though there can be some games that you won’t be able to play, you still can enjoy Asphalt 8 and many other games like Drift Mania Championship 2, Judge Dredd vs. Zombies, Halo: Spartan Assault, Royal Revolt, Reckless Racing Ultimate, and many more.
- The oldie-goldie laptop features Intel Core i5-4300U Processor with Dual-Core 1.70 GHz CPU working at 3.3GHz Turbo Boost.
- It includes an Intel HD Graphics 5000 card, which means its graphic handling compatibility is pretty cool.
- Front and Rear 5MP camera and 1080p HD result with built-in front and back microphones make this device nowhere less than any latest screens.
- The Stereo speakers with Dolby Audio are enough to produce enhanced sound for music and gaming.
A gaming enthusiast who is always excited to know about some technical specs of cards and processors inserted inside the system can trust Microsoft Surface Pro 3. Its significant Intel Core i5-4300U Dual-Core CPU (1.70-3.3GHz Turbo Boost) combines with Intel HD Graphics 5000 to ensure fantastic display quality.
This device has Wireless Communication Technology and also has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The Storage Capacity of Microsoft Surface Pro 3’s Hard Drive is up to 128 GB. Furthermore, its Hardware Interface has a MicroSD reader, Mini DisplayPort, and also a 3.0 USB.
Gamers depend a lot on the screen resolution in which this device has a powerful and wealthy display of 12 inches with a colorful screen resolution. Talking about its picture quality, it has 5MP and 1080p HD front and rear-facing cameras, so you can enjoy live streaming, too.
- Affordable as compared to a new one
- Impressive sound experience
- Sets of cameras
- An old version
Now, as we are done with the products, let’s see what features you should look for in a Surface Pro before deciding;
Features To Look In A Surface Pro – The Buying Guide
Like all other screens, a Surface Pro’s compatibility depends on your need and the specs you choose to cater to those needs. In this article, as we are specifically discussing the Best Surface Pro For Gaming, here’s what a gaming Surface Pro should have;
RAM and SSD
RAM (Random Access Memory) and SSD (Solid State Drive) are crucial components of any device, either a basic or high-spec tablet. 8GB RAM is considered the minimum memory, whereas it can increase to 32GB. As 4GB is deemed to be good for mobiles, 8GB is good enough for gaming and daily computing on tablets. However, the more, the better – 16GB memory can be the sweet spot for almost all types of games.
Conversely, the minimum SSD for a gaming tablet is usually 128GB. That so far is good enough, but a 256GB SSD can offer the sweet spot for all types of games. With an 8GB+256GB, 8GB+128GB, or 16GB+256GB hard drive, you can rest assured that your games will never load, glitch, or bleed.
Summary: Go with at least 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD.
Graphics Card or GPU
The graphics card or GPU in any device is the sole guarantee of life-like images, vivid colors, smooth motions, and overall amazing display quality. Most tablets feature an integrated GPU which, to be very honest, isn’t enough for the highest quality graphics. Though they aren’t good at graphics, they can stream games of good quality.
Surface Pro screens usually feature an Integrated UHD GPU that has never failed to provide the highly-compatible images.
Summary: Intel UHD or Integrated GPU are good for gaming Surface Pro Screens.
Screen Quality & Resolution
Resolution is crucial as it makes a game look great. Although in tablets, a lower resolution isn’t even noticed most of the time, it matters a lot. Resolution is represented in pixels, and luckily, most Surface Pro Screens feature the same 2736x1824p resolution that doesn’t let the images be greyish or white on display.
You can also find 1800 x 1200p on some Surface Pro Screens, and they work great, but for professional gaming and multitasking, it’s better to go with the first one!
We can trust the fantastic Microsoft Surface Pro Series higher refresh rate and color technology for your next gaming adventures.
Summary: 2736x1824p resolution lets you see sharper and clearer images.
Screen Size Also Matters
We cannot skip the screen size when it comes to gaming because the screen size is directly linked with the view that a gamer will get.
It is understood that for casual use, you do not need to get a giant-sized screen because you can easily handle your essential work with an average screen. But a gamer needs to see every corner of his screen, from where his enemy is firing, where he has to hide, from where he can attack well on his enemy matters a lot.
If you have a small screen, you can play a few games that need fewer protocols, but heavy games cannot be supported by smaller screens. The larger screen of 12.3 inches can provide you an outstanding display, big screen, and higher resolution to get the ultimate gaming fun.
Conversely, if you are a gaming enthusiast, you can go with a little scream that can be 10-inches. Though it will deliver you basic necessities but not that much that you need for BubG, Minecraft, or any other top game.
Summary: 12.3 inches Microsoft Surface Pro is the best option!
Audio Quality- Delivers Audio Input
We all have an idea that you need a high-quality sound to win a game; a low sound can push you into an unwanted situation and eventually defeat you you. As far as audio quality is concerned, you need to use the high-ended headphones with the tablets because these tablets have a balanced sound.
Many tablets introduce the latest technologies; you can take an example of Dolby Atmos, 5.1 Sound quality that has introduced advanced features, such as fidelity improvement that reduces the input lagging and screen glitch.
For this, you can also consider how long and how often you want to use your laptop for music or games; if you are pro and use it for extended hours, you need to grab headphones at every cost.
Sim Card Slot
Some tablets have sim card slots because they are like cellular devices; this sim card slot is hugely purposeful.
If you use a sim card for your business or if you use it in foreign, this sim slot is the best bet for you. Thus, choose the tablets with a sim card slot,, and you can easily make the calls through it.
Battery Life- Uninterpreted Gaming
A poor battery means an interruption in gaming and other tasks; thus, seek for an ultimate storm. If a battery supports your laptop for 10 hours, it is more than awesome, but low-battery issues are threatening.
The battery life of surface pro waves for every tablet, but the average battery of these tablets is 10 hours or more.
Some laptops dramatically drop the battery when you play the games intensely; thus, look into this factor.
Tip: Many users are addicted to charging the battery when they are playing the game, don’t do it because it makes your tablet heated; moreover, it also reduces the battery’s lifespan.
Yes, when you are trying to get a surface pro, don’t skip the weight because it will certainly affect your gaming rig.
Surface pro is often thin and light, so you can easily use them in different situations. Yet, the tablets are remarkable when they weigh less than 4 pounds; don’t get surprised if a few tablets weigh less than 4 pounds.
Input and Output Method- Buy Some Peripherals
Many mobile games are the best fit for touchscreen, but keep in mind that you also need a mouse, keyboards, and other peripherals for smooth input.
Many tablets also support Bluetooth and USB to make the connection easy; several tablets can facilitate everything that you connect with them.
When selecting a device, figure out the kind of device it needs and find how you can play the games with it.
If you are using a compatible tablet, Seam Controllers is good to go!
The below are some commonly asked questions; you can also dig them out to destroy your queries.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What makes a Gaming Tablet a Gaming Tablet?
Commonly, there are two kinds of gaming tablets that are exclusively designed to support OS systems or for those users who run a desktop OS in a small form factor.
If you want to perform anything traditional on your desktop or laptop, a surface pro can also support it. The gaming tablets have a touch screen panel, so you can use them on a tablet or notebook.
Can I play “Normal” games on a tablet?
If you want to evaluate this factor, you need to assess the tablet’s power, OS, and different input options, such as the keyboard. Through this factor, you can figure out whether a particular game will be played on the tablet or not.
A few tablets are fully-fledged, just like a tablet, specifically, those which support the window; you can play anything that you can throw in them.
Is the Microsoft Surface Pro good for gaming?
Yes, Microsoft Surface Pro is good for gaming with caveats. Its diversity of Windows content converts it into an incredible gaming machine for high-end games- Arcade-style 2D side-scrollers. Keep in mind- it is better to don’t expect much higher games, like playing the advanced AAA blockbuster.
Can you play Steam games on a surface pro?
Dashboard, a heavy gaming machine contains dozens of USB ports that make the various games run; without these games, your essential gaming experience can be crippled and glitched. The controller of this surface pro works well, and its play stream can also support console gaming on a surface pro.
Can I play Xbox games on Surface Pro?
Yes, of course! Xbox games are one of the best games, but every laptop doesn’t support it, thanks to Windows 10 that helps to stream your Xbox One games; moreover, it has a dashboard to your Surface or Surface Book as long as you are using the same network.
An enthusiastic gamer always rushed to upgrade his system to enjoy every detail of his video gaming.
The main requirements that a pro gamer wants for his gaming rig are a long battery, lightweight, big screen, high resolution, and so on.
Keeping these requirements in view, we have introduced the best surface pro for gaming. A perfect surface pro equips all the features that a crazy gamer dreams for.
Our all selected surface pro tablets are one of their kind; you can pick any of the ones, we ensure you won’t get embarrassed on your voice.
Thus, it is time to rock on gaming mania by shedding off all the gaming barriers; here you go!
- Best Surface Pro For Gaming
- Microsoft Surface Pro 5 – 12.3’
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4
- Microsoft Surface Go
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3
- Features To Look In A Surface Pro – The Buying Guide
- What makes a Gaming Tablet a Gaming Tablet?
- Can I play “Normal” games on a tablet?
- Is the Microsoft Surface Pro good for gaming?
- Can you play Steam games on a surface pro?
- Can I play Xbox games on Surface Pro?