Do you want to know the answer; broken laptop screen boot straight to an external monitor? Glad to help, read down this article till the end to find a comprehensive answer.
Is your laptop broken? Do you want to attach a broken laptop screen with any external monitor? But how? No worries, we have finalized a proper way for a broken laptop screen to boot straight to an external monitor.
A faulty or broken laptop is one of the worst nightmares as you will lose all your precious data and files that will cause a lot of trouble. But is there any possible way to attach a broken screen laptop to an external monitor so that you can recover your data?
A broken laptop can be attached to an external monitor as long as the laptop is doing fine, like the popping sound of the window turning on. But attaching a broken laptop screen boot straight to an external monitor depends on the options available on the broken laptop. Many laptop models have an extra port to attach an external screen, and some might get attached by other ports and by following some tips and tricks.
Click here, If you are interested in reading our latest buyer guide on Best Second Monitor for iMac.
Therefore, to get an answer on how to attach a broken laptop screen boot straight to an external monitor, delve into this article.
Broken Laptop Screen Boot Straight To External Monitor? Let’s find the solution.
Related Article: How to Play PS4 on Laptop with HDMI
How can we connect a laptop screen to an external monitor?
You can connect a laptop screen to an external monitor, but you have to check if there’s an option available so that you can connect it.
- The oldest but the helpful method is the VGA connector; a 15 pin VGA connector is generally used to attach a broken screen to an external monitor.
- The other but the most common and useful method is to attach it via HDMI port, DVI connector, or display port are the best options to connect a laptop screen to an external monitor.
- Lastly, you can also use an additional adapter to connect the laptop with an external screen to get your work done.
How to connect a broken laptop screen boot straight to an external monitor?
Connecting a broken laptop screen boot straight to an external monitor might be tricky, but once you follow the method, you will be able to attach the laptop screen to an external monitor. So, let’s take a look at how to do it.
- Firstly, link the video connector on your laptop to the external monitor.
- After linking, it will start showing what’s happening on the laptop screen, and if not, you can change the settings with some keys.
- Every laptop has different function keys spending on the manufacturer’s laptop you are using. But, the most basic function keys are Fn+F3, F4, F4, F5, F7, F8, F9, F10 might work with the majority of them.
- Press the Fn+F7 simultaneously so that you can swap over the laptop’s screen and the external monitor screen.
- Otherwise, look carefully. The F key has an LCD or picture of the screen on the key or near the key. But, the F key with screen image depends on the laptop’s model and its manufacturing.
- So, if no keys work then, it is better to get help from the laptop’s manufacturer.
How can we connect a broken Macbook to an external monitor?
For connecting a broken MacBook to an external monitor, here are a few steps that you must follow;
- First of all, for linking the broken Macbook, you just have to make sure that the laptop has a video or display port. A DVI port or adapter is the best way to connect a broken Macbook to an external monitor.
- So, connect the external monitor to the broken Macbook by connecting it through the DVI or display port.
What should we do if the laptop screen won’t attach to the monitor?
There may be a lot of reasons that the laptop screen isn’t connecting with the external monitor, which are as follow.
- If there’s no response after connecting the laptop to an external monitor, try to press any key from the keyboard.
- Faulty and cheap HDMI cables are also why it doesn’t work, so it’s better to get a cost-effective but different cable that works well with a laptop and monitor.
- If the cable is working fine, the fault might be in the video port, so the only option is to repair your laptop.
This is how you can resolve the issue if you face any.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I use an external monitor with a broken laptop screen?
You can use an external monitor with a broken laptop as it depends on the model of the laptop, so for connecting, just press the Fn key with the keys F2, F3, F4, F5, F7, or F10. by pressing these keys, you’ll link up an external monitor with the broken laptop screen.
Can I remove the laptop screen and use an external monitor?
Yes, you can remove the laptop screen and use an external monitor, but it all depends on the laptop’s manufacturing. So, you have to connect a cable with the laptop’s HDMI port or video port and then connect it with the external monitor.
Connecting a broken laptop screen boot straight to an external monitor is not a big deal now, as all you have to do is connect the cable with HDMI or DVI display port. We hope you find this article: Broken laptop screen boot straight to external monitor helpful and informative.
This Article is Updated.
- Dell XPS 15 for Video Editing
- Laptop Screen Not Working but External Monitor Does
- Is Acer a Good Laptop Brand
- Lenovo black screen after Startup
- Broken Laptop Screen Boot Straight To External Monitor
- Spilled Water On Macbook Air And It Turned Off
- How to Turn on Laptop Without Power Button
- Lenovo laptop black screen issue after login
- How To Make Laptop Run Faster On Battery
- Are refurbished MacBook good
- Lenovo Laptop Screen Goes Black Randomly
- How Do I Get My Chromebook Screen Back To Normal
- How To Make Sims 4 Run Faster
- Is an Alienware laptop worth it
- Best Gaming Laptops Under $700
- Best gaming laptops under 1100
- Best laptops for constructions business
- Best laptops for digital marketing
- Best Chromebook under 400
- Best laptop for non-gamers
- Best budget laptop for writers
- Best laptop for live streaming
- How can we connect a laptop screen to an external monitor?
- How to connect a broken laptop screen boot straight to an external monitor?
- How can we connect a broken Macbook to an external monitor?
- What should we do if the laptop screen won’t attach to the monitor?