While getting ready for your morning run, you suddenly remember you’ve forgotten to bring your iPhone. For your daily runs and gym sessions, you now use earbuds and a smartphone, thanks to technological advancements in the industry. With the Apple Watch and AirPods, running is now more convenient than ever before.
Can I Run With Airpods Without A Phone?
Why has running become so popular with AirPods? Running with unsuitable earbuds can be hazardous. With this article, you’ll learn can I run with AirPods without a phone.
Let’s find out!
How To Use Airpods While Running Without Using Your Phone?
Your favorite music app installed on an Apple Watch Series 3 or later is required to use your AirPods while running without your iPhone. You can also use the previous Apple Watches to play music if you download your favorite songs from the iTunes store.
Let’s take a look at how Spotify and Apple Music work with AirPods to stream music and podcasts. Apart from Deezer and Tidal, the most popular music streaming services have a watchOS app that is well-designed and easy to use, such as Spotify and Apple Music.
Stream Music Or Podcasts With Cellular Data
When Apple initially released Apple Watches with cellular connectivity as an option, it was a massive success. It enables streaming very simple and convenient. There’s no need to be concerned about the watch’s 32GB of storage running out.
To stream music from your Apple Watch with Apple Music and without the iPhone:
- Your Apple Watch and AirPods should be connected to your iPhone at all times. You only need it once to connect the AirPods and other Apple devices to your account and sync.
- To open the Apps view, press the digital crown and go to the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on Bluetooth.
- On the list, you’ll find the AirPods.
- When you play music from your Watch, an AirPlay menu will appear which displays all of your connected devices. From the list, choose AirPods.
- Return to the Apps view, navigate to the Music app, and open it.
- If you have an Apple Music subscription, you can access your iCloud music library as well as the whole Apple Music and podcast catalog.
- With the Digital Crown or by swiping and tapping the display, you can navigate your library of songs and podcasts, but you require Siri to play a song or podcast that isn’t on there. We don’t type on the small screen.
- Siri can play music from some artist, album, or genre at your request. Say, “Hey Siri, play One More Time by Daft Punk”.
- In the Music app, you can also access your favorite radio stations by tapping on Radio. To listen to radio broadcasts, Apple Watch uses the internet rather than a radio antenna. That’s why running with a radio requires an Apple Watch with a cellular connection.
- To listen to your favorite podcasts, you can also use Siri.
- If you’re using AirPods or any other Bluetooth earbuds, you can stream your music or podcasts from your iPhone or other device using the Spotify app on your Apple Watch. Later in 2020, though, Spotify will add support for streaming directly from the Apple Watch over an active internet connection with an update to its app.
Is It Possible To Use Airpods With An Apple Watch Without Having An iPhone?
You don’t need to have your iPhone nearby if you want to use your Airpods with the Apple Watch. You’ll need a Wi-Fi connection to listen to music, however, make sure you have one. It’s possible to use free Wi-Fi in a gym to stream music, but this is unlikely to work on a run outside.
Recommend Reading: Why Do AirPods Hurt Your Fars
If you have an Apple Watch 3, you can use AirPods while running without your phone. You can stream music to your AirPods even if your iPhone isn’t nearby with Apple Watch 3 and later models.
Apple Watch and AirPods Integration
You can only listen to music on your Apple Watch if you have an Apple Music subscription. Because of this, it is one of the main reasons you pay for the service. You can listen to your favorite playlists on the AirPods while running thanks to Apple Music and the Apple Watch.
Things are getting even more convenient in recent years. Because the Apple Watch has a cellular edition, you won’t be without music on your runs if you don’t want to download music. It’s also possible to listen to your favorite music, podcasts, and more on the Apple Watch because Spotify is supported. When it comes to overall song and content selection, Spotify beats Apple Music hands down, but the richness of Apple Music’s lossless music library sets it apart from Spotify.
Another thing to keep in mind is that this doesn’t just apply to the AirPods. Other Bluetooth earphones or speakers will also work with this capability. You can play music to any Bluetooth device as long as you have my music app synced on the Apple Watch.
Do Airpods Fall Out When You Run?
As a runner, this is a highly crucial question. While running, it’s important to have high-quality wireless headphones that won’t fall out and get misplaced. During other workouts, runners report that Airpods don’t fall out of their ears.
There is no way to secure Airpods to your ears using over-ear clips, thus they aren’t secure. There is no such thing as a “one size fits all” when it comes to the Airpods, despite what Apple claims. Consider the fact that each runner’s pace and style of running are different.
Regular morning runs can become much more enjoyable with the use of Airpods, which are small, light, and easy to carry everywhere. When it comes to wired headphones, if you’re training for an activity like the marathon or are looking to improve your speed, you may want to look into the Airpods.
This Article is Updated.
- Can I Run With Airpods Without A Phone?
- How To Use Airpods While Running Without Using Your Phone?
- Stream Music Or Podcasts With Cellular Data
- To stream music from your Apple Watch with Apple Music and without the iPhone:
- Is It Possible To Use Airpods With An Apple Watch Without Having An iPhone?
- Apple Watch and AirPods Integration
- Do Airpods Fall Out When You Run?