Apple’s AirPods have entirely revolutionized the wireless audio experience. The convenience, battery, longevity, and performance AirPods provide are indeed off the charts. However, the only slight drawback is that AirPods or cases often get lost. You might have put them last night around your bed but can’t find the minions today, or you broke your case and can’t order a new one now.
You must wonder if you can pair your AirPods with a different case. Before you go and borrow your friend’s case, know that you can pair AirPods with another case. However, there are certain conditions that you need to be aware of before you start experimenting.
If the replacement case and the AirPods are the same models, pair them together. There are a few different generations that are also compatible with each other. For example, if you have Gen 1 AirPods and lose the case, you can also charge them in a Gen 2 case. This is because both cases are identical on the outside and have the exact dimensions. The only difference is in their performance, whereas Gen 2 cases have slightly fast connections and better sound outputs.
How to Pair AirPods with a different case?
Now that you know you can use AirPods with a different case, your next question would be how. If you have a matter compatible with your AirPods, follow the steps below to pair them together.
- Open the Bluetooth tab of your device and click on the small information button on the side of your airport name.
- Tap the FORGET THIS DEVICE button present at the end of the menu.
- Make sure that your AirPods are present in the new case.
- You will find amber light flashing once you open the case.
- Hold the setup button until the status light starts flashing white. (If the amber light is still flashing, the battery is dead, and you should charge your case before trying anything else.)
- A guide will appear on your home screen. Follow the guidelines, and you will end up successfully pairing AirPods with a different case.
Can you pair AirPods pro with a different case?
Airpods pro tends to be a bit picky, but they can also be paired with a case of the same generation. The most important thing you need to know is that even a slight misadjustment of AirPods and suits will make them incompatible.
Airpods need to fit perfectly with the case. Otherwise, the case would be unable to charge. If the AirPods Pro isn’t compatible with the case, don’t force them in. Otherwise, you will end up irreversibly damaging the case or AirPods. The charging pins present inside the case are pretty sensitive.
How to connect two different AirPods to one case?
The only thing more stressful than losing your case is when you can’t find one of your pods. You won’t be able to notice these little monsters even if they are present right in front of you. If you are suffering from the same problem, you must be wondering why can’t you pair two different AirPods. You can connect two other AirPods pros with your case with ease.
However, ensure that Airpods are a pair, i.e., you have left and right pods with you. Besides this, both pods need to belong to the same generation.
If you have your hands on a complimentary pair of AirPods that belong to the same generation, follow the steps below to connect them with one case.
- First, open the lid and put both AirPods in the case. Keep the top of the case open and place it near your phone.
- Go to your Bluetooth settings next and forget your Airpods from the bottom of the page.
- The setup light will be flashing amber at the start. This demonstrates that AirPods and cases are not connected.
- It would help if you held up the setup button for a few seconds until the white light starts flashing.
- A popup guide will appear on your home screen. Follow the simple steps listed there, and you will have your different AirPods connected with your case in no time.
How to connect two different AirPods pros to one case?
Airpods pro and Airpods are pretty similar but, at the same time, very different. Airpods Pro, however, tends to be far superior and expensive. This vast difference in prices is due to the upgraded features in Airpods pro. Some features of this airbud include noise-canceling tech, water resistance, customized ear tips, and much more.
Airpods pro isn’t your regular earbuds. They are Apple’s flagship model when it comes to wireless earbuds. That’s why they also tend to cost more than regular AirPods. And that’s also why losing one of the Airpods pros hurt more than a normal one.
But worry not, we have got your back. If you already have a case, then connecting an Airpods Pro with a separate pair won’t be much of a problem. All you need to do is make sure that both earbuds complement each other and belong to the same generation. Once you have your hands on a case and one set of earbuds, follow the steps below.
- Make sure that your case is somewhat charged. If you are not sure, set your case 10 minutes beforehand. You don’t want your subject to die during the process.
- Afterward, put both earbuds in the case and keep the lid open. Keep the point close to your device.
- The light will be flashing white at the start. You will have to press the button for 5 seconds, and the amber light will start flashing. If 5 seconds don’t work, press again for 10 seconds.
- A popup menu will open on your screen, asking your permission to connect to your device. Allow it, and your Airpods Pro will be as good as new.
How to pair a replacement airport?
Unlike wired earbuds, you don’t need wireless AirPods, to be exact, since they are not attached in any physical way. However, being wireless also has its downside. If you have wired earbuds, you don’t have to fear that one day you will wake up and won’t be able to find one side of the earbud.
If for some reason, you can’t find one airport, you can always order a replacement from Apple. However, with Airpods, it is possible. Apple makes up for it by providing a “FIND MY” feature. However, you must have some charge in your earbud to sound the alarm. Rt.
Since the replacement airport won’t be a perfect pair, the firmware of the pair won’t be simple. To make them compatible, you will have to reset the original one; after that, both Airpods will become the exact copy of each other. It may sound technical, but it isn’t. All you have to do is follow all of the steps below!
- Place the replacement earbud and the original earbud in the case and keep the lid open. The case must be near the device.
- To reset the airport, press the setup button present at the back of the case. Press it until the amber light starts flashing.
- Once the amber light flashes, you will see a guide popping up on your home screen with instructions. After that, all you have to do is follow the guide.
How to connect one airport without case:
Connecting an airport with your iPhone without a case is not an issue. The case has only the following three roles.
- To contain and protect the AirPods.
- To act as a power bank for AirPods.
- To connect the device with AirPods for the first time.
If you already have connected your airport once with your case, pairing it again without a case won’t be a problem. All you need to do is follow the steps below, and you can pair even one airport without needing a case. But remember, AirPods have a battery life of 5-6 hours. You will have to arrange a case sooner or later.
- Start at the service center by swiping down the top right side.
- There will be an audio card on the top right side of the service center. Press and hold it until it wides open.
- When it widens, click on the airplay icon.
- There will be a list of Bluetooth icons. You will have to choose your AirPods name, and it will connect with your single earbud.
- Why do AirPods hurt my ears
- Airpods pro screeching noise
- How to clean AirPods with hydrogen peroxide
- Airpods keep cutting out