Recently switched to FaceTime as your primary video chatting app? If yes, then you might be wondering, can you record a FaceTime call with audio?
FaceTime allows people from all over the world to instantly create or join a video call. Nowadays, FaceTime is an app that is used for a lot of purposes. People use it for education, work, and mainly to chat with friends. There can be a lot of reasons for wanting to record a call, like watching old memories or revising schoolwork. So can you record a FaceTime call with audio?
Fortunately, recording a FaceTime call with audio on Apple devices is straightforward. There are slight differences in recording the FaceTime call on different Apple devices. iPhones and Macs have a built-in screen recorder, which can be used easily to screen record a FaceTime call with high-quality audio without downloading third-party apps.
Can You Record A Facetime Call With Audio?
It is pretty simple to record a FaceTime with audio on both the iPhone and Mac, because they have in-built screen recording software. The screen recorder provided by Apple is good enough for recording FaceTime calls. Screen recording a FaceTime call on an iPhone will only record the video, not the audio unless you click on the microphone icon. For Macs, recording a FaceTime call is much easier as it automatically records both video and audio.
How To Record A Facetime Call On An Iphone
FaceTime is used mainly on the iPhone because it is portable and allows calls to be made remotely. The method for recording on an iPhone is straightforward and uses the built-in screen recording feature. However, including audio with the screen recording is not simple, and it was probably designed this way for legal purposes.
- The first step is to launch the Settings app and click on the Control Center. Now click on Customize Options. A list will show you the apps appearing when you open the Control Center. You now want to add the Screen Recording app to his list, so it can be opened when running FaceTime. To do this, click on the plus sign, which should be next to the Screen Recording app.
- Now you’re all set up, and it’s time to record the FaceTime call. Open the FaceTime app, and call someone. Be sure to tell the other person they are being recorded, as it is illegal to record someone on a call without their permission.
- Once the call has started, open the Control Center. Scroll to find the Screen Recording feature, then click on it. Doing this will start the screen recording. However, only the video will be recorded. So can you record a FaceTime call with audio? Yes, but there is one more step you will have to follow.
- Press for a second or two on the Screen Recording button. You should be able to see an option that says Microphone Off. Tap on this, and it will show you that the microphone is now turned on with a red color icon. A countdown will also start.
- To end the recording, tap on the red bar on top of the screen. A pop-up will appear asking for confirmation. Click on Stop to stop the recording.
Note that all sounds from your iPhone will be recorded along with the call, so make sure you mute your notifications and other sounds before recording the call.
Alternatively, you can record the current FaceTime call using a different phone or camera. There are no limitations on the iOS versions; this method always works, although the quality will be pretty low compared to a screen recording.
How To Record A Facetime Call With A Mac
Using a Mac to record FaceTime calls is even easier than doing it on an iPhone. Fortunately, the screen recorder is built-in, so there is no need to download third-party apps. However, the built-in screen recorder is not available in older macOS versions. The QuickTime app is an alternative to the built-in screen recorder, which works just as well.
- First, open the FaceTime app on your Mac and press Command+Shift+5. A menu for the screen capture will appear. Under options, select Mac’s built-in microphone for the audio to be recorded. Don’t forget to specify the folder where you want to save your recordings.
- On the pop-up that appears, select between Record Entire Screen and Record Selected Portion. Choosing the latter will open a tool that allows you to select the part of the screen you would like to record. To do this, drag the box’s corners until it fits the screen’s desired part.
- Once everything is set up, click on record. This will start recording the FaceTime call with video and audio elements. On the menu bar, there will be a Stop Recording button on the right side. Clicking this will stop the recording, and your file will be saved to the specified destination folder.
Don’t forget to ask the other person for their permission before recording. It is illegal to record someone without their knowledge.
Is It Legal To Record Video Calls?
Yes, but only if the other party knows they are being recorded. Otherwise, it is considered illegal as it breaches someone’s privacy.
Is Facetime Safe?
Yes, FaceTime uses end-to-end encryption, so it is almost impossible for hackers to hack a FaceTime call. Even Apple itself cannot listen to your FaceTime calls.
Can You Facetime Someone With An Android Device?
To do this, simply start a FaceTime call and send the invite link to the Android user. Once they click on the link, they can join the FaceTime call.
FaceTime is an excellent app for video chatting with friends or conference calls in professional settings. It is a user-friendly app and very secure. So can you record a FaceTime call with audio? You’ll find it quite simple and straightforward by following the steps in this guide. However, do not forget to ask the other party for permission before recording.
- How To Record Facetime With Audio On Mac- Easy Steps - December 3, 2022
- Can Facetime be Hacked- An Informative Guide - December 3, 2022
- Can Facetime Calls be Traced- A Must Known - December 3, 2022