Did you steal your Airpods and find my Airpods sound pending? Don’t worry! Today, we’ll guide you on how you can track your Airpods.
AirPods are a great pair of wireless earphones, but their compact design makes them easy to mislay. Owners of the AirPods are upset by this loss. If your AirPods have been lost or stolen and are not dead or out of range, there is a straightforward way to locate them.
If you have an AirPods pair, it doesn’t matter whatever generation you have — second-generation, pro, max, earphones may be misplaced or even taken by the family pet. In particular, tiny earphones have the potential to fall between sofa cushions, fall under tables, or get sucked into a wallet or purse.
So, you lost your AirPods. Now what? You can access this feature in two ways: by using the Find My iPhone App on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, or by signing into the iCloud website on a computer (it could be a PC or Mac).
On your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, you may use the Find My iPhone App to access this function, or you can sign into the iCloud website on a computer or Mac to access it. Your AirPods have been lost, so what’s next? You’ll learn how to locate your missing AirPods step-by-step in this article.
Why is sound pending on Find My AirPods?
If you’ve lost your Airpod or left it somewhere else, you’ll see a “Sound Pending” notification on your iPhone’s Bluetooth screen. Once the Airpod is paired with your iPhone, a Play Sound notice will pop up on your screen.
Ensure that Find My is activated
The Find My App must be activated before you can use it to locate anything you’ve misplaced. Ensure that Find My is enabled by opening the Settings app, tapping on your name at the top of the screen, then selecting Find My. Once you’ve done that, select Find My iPhone and turn the switch to On. Your Apple Watch and AirPods will be added to the App as long as Find My is active. If you’ve misplaced your AirPods, there’s no going back and activating Find My.
Done? Okay, good.
Fixes to Use Find my AirPods From Find My App or icloud.com & Alternate Ways.
Step 1: Enabling Find My on your iPhone or iPad
The first step was enabling Find My iPhone on your iOS smartphone. It’s easy to find my AirPods when linked with an iPhone that has been approved to use them. You may locate your iPhone in the iCloud by signing in.
The following instructions will walk you through the process of turning on “Find my Device” on your iOS device.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings App.
- Click on the name of your iCloud account in the next step.
- To find my option, scroll down.
- Enable the Find My iPhone toggle to green by pressing and holding the Find My iPhone button for a second time. This option will also be available on any associated Apple Watch or other devices using your Apple ID.
- Next time, you won’t have to worry about AirPods that can be found by using the Find My iPhone App when they are paired to your iPhone. On the other hand, it is also possible to play a sound on lost or check the map. Find my App on iPhone/iPad/Mac, and iCloud.com are the same for all Apple devices.
Recommend Reading: Why Do AirPods Hurt Your Fars
Step 2: All Apple Devices are Out of Range of AirPods
If your AirPods are missing or offline, you’ll be able to see the last place they were in before or they were disconnected. Use Find my help at the moment to check where and when you were in the past using Find My App on your iOS device, Mac, or iCloud service.
Pending Sound for AirPods on Find My iPhone app
Open the Find My App menu and select Find My App. Devices > AirPods > Play Sound. “Your iPhone is trying to connect to your AirPods when they’re in range, and there is a pending sound. Get in touch as soon as possible with the last place and time. Find My App displays the position of the AirPods as soon as your iPhone or iPad is within range of them.
A beep sound is heard from the AirPods Pro/2/1 if Find My App status is active. Other than that, you may use the map to locate it. If you’re having trouble locating your AirPods, then use Location-based services, which will help you locate your AirPods using Location-based services.
Step3: AirPods Finder App for iPhone, iPad, and Android: Wunderlist
To locate your AirPods, you’ll need a third-party app that can detect whether or not they’re close and within Bluetooth range using Find My Airpods. The Bluetooth range of the AirPods is roughly 50 ft. – Get the Wunderfind App for your iPhone and iPad and start using it.
- Open the App on your iPhone after you’ve downloaded it to your iOS or Android device.
- To use this software, your iPhone must have Bluetooth, which is enabled. To make it work, click on the okay button.
- The next step is to locate and tap on your AirPods’ name in the list of Bluetooth devices.
- Also, make sure your iPhone is fully charged before attempting to locate your AirPods by moving around.
Step 4: My App Is Crashed or Won’t Open
How to Get AirPods’ Last Location Without an iPhone if My App Crashing or Not Finding The Alternate option can be used as a Find My App. Understand that finds my App is also accessible for Mac.
- If you can’t find your AirPods, go to icloud.com and look for them there.
- Tap on the Find iPhone App button once you’ve entered the correct login information.
- Select your AirPods from the drop-down menu and click OK.
- Now, go to the Actions menu and select Play Sound.
It seems you have done it!
Bounce Tip: Uninstall AirPods from Find My App on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
A common question asked by iPhone and iPad users is, “Why are my friends or other AirPods Pro’s showing up in my Find My App?” Follow these steps to get rid of the Find My App’s record of your AirPods/Pro.
- To begin, turn off the Bluetooth on your iPhone and remove the Apple AirPods headphones.
- Activate the Settings App, choose Bluetooth, then AirPods Name, and Delete This Device to complete the process. Also, you’ll get a notice asking if you want to remove yourself from the iCloud account. Remove it from the “Find My” App.
- Use iPhone’s Find My App feature to look for a lost app.
- Please tap on the Devices tab, then the AirPods name, and then tap on it.
- Remove This Device > Remove is the option you’ll see in this menu. It’s as simple as clicking on it to remove it from your account. The next time you switch on “Find My,” this gadget will resurface since it is connected to the internet.
- Verify your identity by entering your Apple ID password.
Find a device’s location using GPS.
- Using the Maps app, you can acquire directions to a device’s present position.
- If you’re looking for directions to a specific device, touch Devices, then the name of the device.
- Open Maps by pressing the Directions button.
- To find out how to go to the device’s location from your present location, tap the route. See Use Maps on your iPhone to get driving instructions from where you are right now.
Use a friend’s device to find or play a sound.
A lost device can be located or a sound played by registering into icloud.com/find and entering the Apple ID and password of the person who lost the device. See the iCloud User Guide’s Locate a device in Find My iPhone for further information.
If you’ve set up Family Sharing, you may use Find My to track down a misplaced device belonging to a member of your family.
Frequently asked questions related to Find my Airpods sound pending
What is the best way to get rid of the pending sound on Find My iPhone?
After finding your device, you can turn off the sound by doing one of these things: Apple’s iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Activate the device by pressing the power button, a volume button, or the Ring/Silent switch. You may unlock the smartphone or cancel the Find My alert by swiping it open.
Is it possible to track the AirPods I found?
It’s hard to track down the serial number of your AirPods after they’ve been linked to a new user’s iCloud account, even though Apple can link your AirPods serial number to your account. This effectively makes it impossible to retrieve your AirPods if they are stolen.
Is it possible to connect my stolen AirPods to a different iPhone?
As a result, if you lose your AirPods, they can be connected to an iPhone or iPad belonging to someone else. In reality, connecting to another iDevice is a simple task, especially if they have access to a charging case. In most cases, all that is required is to put the AirPods in a charging case. After that, press and hold the Setup button for a few seconds.
The AirPods will be reset and no longer work with your iPhone or any other Apple devices you possess after they have completed this process. The AirPods may now be used with any other Apple device. When it comes to protecting your stolen AirPods, there is nothing you can do.
Can you track your AirPods after they’ve been reset?
Yes, with the use of the Find My App, you can trace your AirPods. An iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or AirPods can be tracked with this application. Using the Find My page on the iCloud website, locate your AirPods by opening the App on another Apple device linked to your AirPods. AirPods may be tracked as long as the device is within Bluetooth range of the AirPods’ iCloud account and linked to the device.
To make it easier to locate your AirPods, the App lets you play any sound. Your AirPods’ position will be displayed on a map. On the other hand, this App is only beneficial if your AirPods are missing from your home or business rather than stolen by a thief.
To What Extent Can You Track AirPods?
As long as you have an active connection between your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch and the AirPods, you can generally track your AirPods. Using the Find My App, you can keep track of the AirPods as long as they are within the Bluetooth range of an iPhone or iPad signed with the same Apple ID that the AirPods are attached to. Typically, this Bluetooth range is 30 feet or 10 meters long. AirPods that are more than 10 meters away from the paired iOS device will be unable to be tracked.
In this article, we discussed the Find my Airpods sound pending. So, Find My AirPods isn’t as complex as Find My iPhone, which we all use regularly. Because pairing Airpods does not necessitate using an Apple ID or passcode or even security features like Activation Lock, it is possible. As a result, the iOS device’s Find My AirPods feature only functions when the AirPods are linked through Bluetooth.