If you are surfing the internet to explore how long AirPods last before they die or how to increase their lifespan, read this article.
When people buy AirPods, various questions can arise in your mind: How Long Do Airpods Last Before They Die? Is AirPods reliable? Or what are the tips to prolong their lifespan?
These all are valid questions, and many are messing with the answers to these questions. Various factors can impact the AirPods lifespan, such as the battery, design, material, etc. So, you can enjoy them to the maximum before they die. Every AirPods doesn’t have the same features and same lifespan, but here are some common tips that you can use to extend their lifetime.
Below we have briefed how long AirPods last and how to increase their lifespan. So, enough with the talk; let’s explore them!
How Long Do AirPods Last Before They Die
Many factors affect the AirPods life, but the battery plays the most integral role. That is why our entire focus is on the battery.
What’s The Battery Life Of AirPods?
Your AirPods will give you up to 6 hours of listening time or up to 4 hours of talk time when they are charged once. However, the battery lifespan differs between models and depends on the volume when you use them, the use of features of the AirPods, and many other factors. Also, battery life degrades with time.
Like the AirPods, the battery is usually the first thing that goes bad in truly wireless earbuds. This thing reduces the span of how long your AirPods will last. So it’s essential to know about the factors responsible for battery degradation.
Recommend Reading: Why Do AirPods Hurt Your Fars
Factors That Can Damage The Battery
Besides the extreme temperatures, which ruin the battery very rapidly, the thing that damages a battery is charging.
The batteries lose a small amount of capacity after every charge, and this decline is irreversible and over time. Every battery has a limited number of charge cycles in its lifespan, and after that, the batteries break down completely.
The lifespan of batteries also gets shorter after getting shocks and downfalls. When batteries fall and get shocks, it reduces their life and sometimes finishes them.
How Do I Know If My AirPod Battery Is Healthy?
Open the case lid with your AirPods inside and hold the case close to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Wait for some seconds to check the charge status of your AirPods. You can also see the charging status of the AirPods with the Batteries widget on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Now I will bring light to the most crucial point of this discussion: How can you make your AirPods last longer? So, don’t go anywhere and keep reading this informative article specially written for your help.
How Can You Make Your AirPods Last Longer?
You can extend the life of your AirPods in a few different ways:
- Reduce the volume; it’s also suitable for your ears.
- Turn off ANC ( Active Noise Cancellation) when you do not need that.
- If you don’t need it, disable intelligent features, such as automatic ear detection, Spatial Audio, or automatic device switching.
- For calls, use only one earbud at one time and turn the other bud off. Keep alternating between the two.
- Power off your AirPods when not in use.
- When you turn them off, with more than 40% of battery life left, don’t store them inside the charging case. It is to avoid a premature charge cycle.
- At the very least, a deep discharge will cause a decrease in the battery’s overall capacity.
- The best time to charge the battery is between 20-40% of the remaining battery life.
- A full recharge gives the battery more risk than a deep discharge. Bearing a full charge gives mechanical stress to the battery, decreasing overall battery life. Staying below 80% charged status increases the battery’s lifespan.
- It’s pretty safe to store your AirPods half charged. Remove AirPods from charging. When you know, you won’t be using them for a while. Charge the earbuds to around 50% and keep them in a dry and cool place out of their casing.
Keeping the above-mentioned preventive measures will help you increase your AirPods’ battery life. Now let’s see how to protect AirPods’ casing.
The Role of Case in the LifeTime of the AirPod
The charging case battery has a limited lifespan, too. It’s very convenient to pop your AirPods case onto a wireless charger, but did you know that inductive charging is highly inefficient?
Wireless charging takes longer, needs more energy, and thus creates more heat stress on the battery, meaning it’ll degrade faster.
To save energy and preserve its capacity, invest a few seconds and plug your AirPods case in when it needs charging.
How To Repair Your AirPods?
Apple constructed the AirPods without clips or screws. Instead, they used glue to hold the components together, making them almost irreparable.
So, iFixit has declared every AirPods generation so far as unfixable. Then with the proper tools, a steady hand, and endless patience, you might be able to repair the AirPods yourself, but I don’t recommend it.
As repairing AirPods yourself isn’t realistic and possible, let’s see how you can have them serviced. You do have a few options:
Apple Support: When you’re within the warranty period or purchased AppleCare+ (two-year warranty), Apple will make repairs or replacements. You can make a Genius Bar appointment, take the AirPods to an Apple Store, or mail it in. You’ll need your serial number, proof of purchase, or the original AirPods box.
Many good things make the Apple AirPods are so popular, and those are its lightweight, reliability, decent sound-per-pound, Siri to life in your ears, and so on.
Although The AirPods work best when used with an Apple product, they can be paired with any Bluetooth device, from smart TVs to smartphones. But the AirPods also have a drawback, which is a short lifespan. So this article is a complete package! You don’t need to be worried about this because we also have enlisted ways to improve their serving life.
This Article is Updated.
- Why Do my Airpods Sound Muffled
- Why do my AirPods keep falling out
- One Airpod Isn’t Charging in Case
- Can You Use Airpods Pro Without Tips
- Can You Use Airpods on Ps5
- Can You Use Airpods in The Shower
- Why are my AirPods so quiet
- How to spot fake AirPods Pro Packaging
- AirPods blinking red
- Can someone Connect to your Airpod
- Can you track airpods with serial numbers
- Is Apple Watch heart rate accurate? - May 6, 2023
- Can Apple Watch Misread Heart Rate - May 6, 2023
- Apple Watch Heart Rate Spikes and Drops - May 6, 2023