Netflix, a globally recognized streaming service, once had built-in AirPlay support. However, in 2019, this support was removed. But don’t fret! You can still enable AirPlay on devices like Mac and Android TV.
By using the Screen Mirroring feature from the Control Centre of your iPhone or iPad, you can enjoy Netflix on a much larger screen. Remember, Netflix is a premium service, so ensure you’re subscribed to access its vast content library.
Ready to dive into the world of AirPlay with Netflix? Let’s get started!
How To Airplay Netflix?
AirPlaying Netflix is a seamless experience, whether you’re using an iPhone or a Mac. First, ensure both devices are connected to the same WiFi. Install Netflix, sign in, and choose the content you wish to stream. Access the Control Centre, select Screen Mirroring, and pick the device you want to stream to. If you’re using a Mac and want a wired connection, you can use a lightning USB cable and QuickTime Player’s Movie Recording feature. Whether you’re watching on an Apple TV, Android TV, or just your Mac, the process is straightforward.
How to AirPlay Netflix from iPhone to Apple TV/Smart TV
- Ensure your iPhone and Apple TV are connected to the same WIFI.
- Download the Netflix app from the Apple App Store.
- Launch Netflix and log into your account.
- Access the Control Centre and tap on Screen Mirroring.
- Select your Apple TV, and voila! Your chosen Netflix content will stream on the TV.
How to AirPlay Netflix from Mac to Apple TV / Smart TV
- Connect your Mac and TV to the same WiFi.
- Navigate to the Netflix website using your preferred browser.
- Log in and pick your desired content.
- Spot the AirPlay icon in your Mac’s Control Center.
- From the list of devices, choose either your Apple TV or Smart TV.
- Sit back and enjoy as your content streams on the big screen.
How to AirPlay Netflix from iPhone to Mac
Before diving in, ensure you have an active Netflix subscription. If you’re new, head to Netflix.com/signup and follow the prompts.
- Turn on your Mac and access the Apple menu.
- Navigate to System Preferences and select Sharing.
- Activate AirPlay Receiver and set permissions.
- Ensure both your iPhone and Mac are on the same WIFI.
- Install Netflix on your iPhone, launch it, and sign in.
- Open Control Center, tap Screen Mirroring, and select your Mac.
- Enter the displayed passcode on your Mac.
- Your iPhone will mirror to the Mac, allowing you to play your chosen content on both devices.
- To stop, simply turn off AirPlay on your iPhone.
How to AirPlay Netflix to Android TV
- First, activate AirPlay on your Android TV.
- Connect both your Android TV and Apple device to the same WiFi.
- Install and sign into the Netflix app on your Apple device.
- Choose the content you wish to AirPlay.
- Access the Control Centre and tap Screen Mirroring.
- From the list, select your Android TV.
- Enjoy your Netflix content on the big screen!
Alternate Way to Mirror Netflix from iPhone to Mac
For those seeking an alternative, you can wirelessly stream using third-party apps.
- Connect your iPhone and Mac with a lightning USB cable.
- Download QuickTime from the App Store and launch it on your Mac.
- Click File and select New Movie Recording.
- Click the down arrow next to the red button and choose your iPhone.
- Your iPhone’s screen will mirror to your Mac. Now, launch Netflix on your iPhone and enjoy your favorite shows and movies via QuickTime Player.
Netflix Airplay Workaround
Netflix, the globally renowned streaming service, once had a built-in Airplay feature. However, due to technical issues, this feature was removed. But fear not! There’s a workaround. By utilizing an HDMI cable or a device like Chromecast, you can still enjoy your favorite Netflix shows on your TV.
This solution is like a bridge between the old-fashioned methods and the future of streaming. Just ensure your mobile device and TV are on the same Wi-Fi network. For those with devices that still use the 30-pin connection or Lightning, this method is a lifesaver. The 2nd Screen feature in the iOS app can also be a handy tool in this process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Is Netflix AirPlay compatible?
Sadly, as of 2019, Netflix is no longer AirPlay compatible. They removed the in-built support, which means direct casting from the app isn’t possible anymore. However, there are other methods to connect and cast, as mentioned in the workaround above.
How Do I Give Netflix Permission To Cast?
To grant Netflix the permission to cast:
- Ensure you have the latest version of the Netflix app on your device.
- Sign in to your Netflix account.
- Look for the Cast icon, usually found in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Once you tap on it, a message might pop up asking for permission. Simply click on “Allow”.
How Do I Allow Permission To Use Netflix On My Iphone?
For those using an iPhone, granting permission to use Netflix is straightforward:
- Open the Settings app.
- Navigate to General > Restrictions > Allowed Content.
- From there, select “All Apps”.
- Ensure that Netflix is available and has the necessary permissions.
- If you’re using an iPod touch or have iOS 15, the process might slightly differ. For older models running iOS 5.0, you might need to download a different version of the app.
- Once installed, sign in to your account and watch your favorite shows. If you encounter any audio or spatial streaming issues, consider troubleshooting or trying a different method. If all else fails, sign out, close the app, and try again. For those on iOS6, keep an eye out for a red badge line which can indicate issues.
Why Is Netflix Not Working With Airplay?
There could be several reasons:
- Third-party devices might not always be compatible with AirPlay.
- Sometimes, it’s challenging for AirPlay to distinguish between Apple TV and other devices.
- Netflix discontinued AirPlay due to quality concerns for its viewers.
- If you’re trying to play content from the Control Center using cellular data plans, it might not work. Especially for iPads with Apple SIM or those with a USB-C charging port.
- Recent decisions by the European Parliament or company policies might affect compatibility.
- Always ensure your software and network are turned on and updated. If screen mirroring doesn’t work, restart your device and follow the necessary steps.
Can I fix Netflix not working with AirPlay feature?
Absolutely! There are both basic and advanced troubleshooting tricks you can try. These can range from resolving network-related issues to addressing service-related problems specifically with the AirPlay feature.
How To Reset Your Netflix Account On Apple Tv
If you’re facing issues with Netflix on your Apple TV, here’s how you can reset:
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > General.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Navigate to iCloud > Storage > backup.
- Once backed up, sign out of your Netflix account.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings and tap on “Sign In”.
- Enter your credentials and enjoy your streaming experience!
In the ever-evolving world of technology, the ability to “How To Airplay Netflix” represents more than just a convenience; it’s a testament to human ingenuity and the desire to enhance our entertainment experiences. While the methods may vary across devices, the underlying principle remains the same: bridging the gap between small screens and big ones, making our favorite content more accessible and enjoyable. As you explore these various methods, consider what else might be possible in the realm of digital connectivity. Perhaps the way we “Airplay Netflix” today is just a glimpse of the seamless integration awaiting us in the future.