Airplay is a very powerful and versatile technology to stream your favorite audio, video, and other media content on your TV from your local library as well as other famous streaming technologies.
By keeping this thing in mind, you may wonder about the possibility of Air-playing Sky Go on a wider display but do not know the process of how to Airplay Sky Go on a smart TV from an iOS device.
If that is the case then no need to get anxious as this process is pretty simple and easy. We will walk you through all the tiny yet important details of how to pair up your devices to watch your first-choice Sky Go content on a larger screen.
So, let’s get started to dig deep about Sky Go and how to Airplay this platform to enjoy our hot favorite content on a more immersive display.
How To Airplay Sky Go?
There is no doubt in saying that the Sky Go streaming platform has gained a level of popularity by containing a huge amount of different content including live TV, movies, entertainment shows, and sports games.
Moreover, it includes more than 100 channels that showcase great content such as Sky Atlantic, Sky One, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, and many more that can be accessible through their official website.
Who would want to deny watching all of the above-mentioned stuff in just one streaming service that allows its subscribers to have fun by having easy access to their best-liked TV programs on a larger screen?
No one, right?
Therefore, we need to learn a very effortless method of Air-playing Sky Go to bridge the gap between your iOS device like an iPhone or iPad and your Apple TV or other smart TV that is compatible with Airplay technology.
Before getting started, there are a few essential prerequisites that you require to proceed further, including:
- An iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod, MacBook)
- An Apple TV or Airplay-compatible smart TV
- A stable Wi-Fi network with amazing running speed
- Active Sky-Go subscription
So, if you have all of these aforementioned devices and sources then you can take a step ahead to dive into the details of Air-playing Sky Go on your TV.
If interested, click to learn how to airplay Shahid.
A Comprehensive Overview of Air-Playing Sky Go: Quick Steps
In this section, we have recommended super easy steps to set up and use AirPlay with Sky Go on your favored device.
So, without any ado, let’s begin the process of AirPlaying Sky Go content to your TV to give your entertainment experience a whole new level of convenience and enjoyment.
If interested, click to learn how to airplay Pluto TV.
Sky Go Subscription
The first and foremost thing to do is take a subscription to Sky Go because it is a very well-known subscription-based streaming service.
So, you have to:
- Install the Sky Go App on your iOS device from the App Store
Note: The fantastic thing about this app is that it will cost you nothing, not even a single penny to get its subscription. It’s all free of cost for the subscribers.
However, if you do not have the subscription and you are one of those non-sky-go customers then you have to purchase its monthly subscription for further use. So, the current price for Sky Go is GB £15 per month.
- Anyways, after installing the app, you have to either log in (if you already have an account) or Sign up to create a new account.
- Add your Sky ID and valid credentials to activate your account
Air-Playing Sky Go From iOS Device to Apple/Smart TV: Step-by-Step Process
Step 1: A Stable Wi-Fi
The first thing to make sure of is a reliable Wi-Fi network.
- It is essential to connect your mobile phone and TV with the same Wi-Fi that has a stable and good running network speed so that you can avoid any kind of future interruption while enjoying your favorite TV show.
Step 2: Open the Sky Go App
In this step, Click on the Sky Go App.
- After initiating the mirroring, go to the Sky Go app
- Tap to open
- Play any video you want to watch
Step 3: Initiate Airplay
The third step is to initiate an Airplay connection on your mobile.
To initiate Airplay technology, there are two ways:
- You need to go to the control panel of your iOS device.
- There you will find a screen mirroring option.
- After clicking on mirroring, a list of all the available devices will appear.
- Now you have to select your Apple TV or the smart TV that is compatible with Airplay
- Your screen will start mirroring your TV
- You can simply play the video from Sky Go that you want to watch on your iOS device
- In the multimedia player, you will find the Airplay icon at the bottom right
- Tap on it and select your TV from all the available devices’ list
- Your content will start streaming on your TV
People Are Also Interested In (FAQs)
Is It Compulsory To Have Sky Go Subscription To Watch Its Content?
Well, the clear-cut answer to this question is “Yes”, it is a compulsion to own an active and valid Sky Go subscription to have full access to its content as well as to Airplay the content on your Apple TV or Airplay-compatible smart TV.
Is There Any Specific List Of Devices On Which I Can Stream The Content Of Sky Go?
Surely, there is a list of a few specific devices on which you can stream the content of Sky Go including LG TV, Roku, Firestick, Android TV, and Samsung TV.
If interested, click on the link to learn how to switch off Airplay from a Samsung TV.
Why Can’t I Find The Airplay Icon In My Sky Go App On My iOS Device?
If that is the case, you need to make sure of a few things: First, your iOS device and Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Secondly, make sure that your TV has the compatibility to run Airplay technology or your TV is updated with the latest software updates. If nothing works, try to restart both of your devices as it can also resolve this particular glitch.
The Final Takeaways
The bottom line suggests that you can easily Airplay your hot favorite content from Sky Go streaming services to enjoy your best-loved TV shows, sports events, and movies on a bigger and more immersive display.
All you have to do is to get a valid & active subscription to Sky Go so that you can proceed further to connect your iOS device with your Apple TV via Airplay and you are good to watch any Sky Go content you love.
- How To Airplay Music To Bose Soundbar
- How To Airplay To JVC Smart TV
- How To Airplay Stan
- How To Airplay CONCACAF Gold Cup
- How To Airplay PBS