Yes, you can connect AirPods with your device even if the case is dead. You can click on the link to learn how!
Nothing can be more frustrating than your AirPods case dying! We all have been there. You want to hear the latest Eminem song and notice your case is unresponsive. It can be stressful. But worry not because we have got your back.
This article will explain how you can connect your AirPods even if your case is dead. You will only need to ensure that your AirPods are charged beforehand. So keep reading if you are facing the same problem.
How do I Connect my AirPods if the case is dead?
The process is pretty straightforward. Below, we have explained the entire process step by step. However, the only requirement is that you must have connected your AirPods with your device before and that your AirPods are charged. But worry not, because AirPods can last 3 hours with just a 15-minute charge.
You can connect AirPods even if your case is dead by following the steps below;
- Go to your device’s home screen and keep the opened case near.
- Click the “CONNECT” tab that pops up.
- The rest of the process is easy and the instructions will guide you.
- Once your pods are connected, a “DONE” notification will appear on your screen.
- Keep in mind that AirPods can automatically connect to the device supporting the iCloud account.
(NOTE: You will need to set up Siri on your target device using AirPods pro.)
However, know that your AirPods won’t connect to a new device if your case is dead. Also, the AirPods will eventually run out of charge, and you will have to put them back in the case so both the case and AirPods can recharge! Simple right?
Why is the case important?
You must have wondered sometimes why not just ditch the AirPods case! We are here to tell you that this is a bad idea. Airpods sometimes seem inconvenient, but they serve very important roles.
Their biggest role is that you can’t simply charge your AirPods without a case. They act as a holder and get the job done.
Other than this, it would help if you had cases to protect and contain AirPods. The only flaw in these beauties is that they are a bit sensitive and easy to lose. You don’t want this happening to your AirPods.
You also can’t reset your AirPods without a case. You need a case if you want to reset your AirPods to their factory setting.
Last and the most important, they look damn stylish!
How to connect your AirPods to an alternate case after the original case is dead?
If your case is dead or lost, and you want to change your case, then there’s a way for that too. You can reconnect your case with the below-mentioned steps.
- First, you will need to ensure that your AirPods are adequately charged. Also, make sure that you have placed them properly in your case.
- After that, hold the setup button for 10-15 seconds until the amber light flashes a couple of times.
- Keep your opened case near your drive with Bluetooth on. A pop-up guide will appear; follow the instructions in your guide, and your AirPods will be connected to an alternate case in no time.
Why did the AirPods case die?
The AirPods case is fully charged in 30 minutes and has 3 hours of talking time and 5 hours of listening time. If your AirPods case is dead, it can be due to two reasons.
First, you forgot to charge your AirPods case, and second, there is some problem with your Lithium-Ion battery.
Lithium-Ion batteries deteriorate over time, and their power time starts decreasing. They will need frequent rechargings until the case is irreversibly dead and stops charging.
You will need to replace your AirPods case if this is the case. They cost anywhere between 50$ to 90$.
What to do if the AirPods case is lost?
It can be a possibility that your case isn’t dead, it is just lost and you can’t find it. No need to check under your bed and behind your table because there is an easier way.
By following the steps below, you can easily locate your AirPods case.
- Open the “FIND MY” app
- Tap the devices or items tab
- Then select the AirPods, and you a map will open
- You can click on directions and follow the map to your case.
Can I connect two different AirPods to one case?
Yes, you can! However, it would help if you made sure to ensure that both belong to the same generation. So, if you have lost one of your AirPods, don’t worry! You will have a pair as good as new with the following steps.
- First, place the different AirPods in the case and wait for the light to flash amber.
- Keep the case open and close to your device.
- Once the light flashes, hold the setup button for 5 seconds until the white light flashes.
- A set of instructions will pop up on your device. Follow these instructions, and two different AirPods will be successfully connected to your device.
Why do AirPods not connect even with a charged battery?
Your AirPods are charged, and everything is fine, but they don’t connect with your device. It is a very common occurrence. It can be due to one or more of the following reasons.
- Your Bluetooth isn’t on, or AirPods aren’t connected with it.
- Your AirPods software isn’t updated.
- Your case isn’t cleaned. Airpods need to fit perfectly to recharge.
Can AirPods be connected when the case is closed?
AirPods can never be connected with a close case under normal circumstances. If your AirPods are working even if the case is closed, there must be something wrong Following are a few reasons behind such abnormality.
- There could be an error in AirPods forcing it to look for devices to pair with, even with a closed case.
- Software malfunctioning can be the issue.
- If there is a problem with the charging capabilities of the case, AirPods might not be able to recognize that they are currently being charged in a closed case.
- The damaged case can also force AirPods to behave in such an abnormal manner.
If you are also facing such problems then there is no need to be stressed. Because we already have the solutions listed down below.
- Update your devices to the latest edition.
- Reconnect your AirPods and device after disconnecting it once.
- Reset the case and AirPods to factory settings.
- If it still doesn’t work, go to the technician and get the batteries of your AirPods replaced.
- Replacing the AirPods should be your final resort.
What to do if my AirPods get wet?
AirPods aren’t waterproof, and Apple always advises its users to protect the AirPods from water. It isn’t easy to say what will happen if you get your AirPods wet or washed up in the dryer, toilet, or while taking shower. Some AirPods have survived rigorous washing machine spins, and some have stopped working even with a few rain drops.
It all depends upon how deep water has reached inside your AirPods. However, the most important thing is not to panic. Because if you administer the following techniques in a timely manner, chances are that your AirPods will return to normal.
- Use a water-absorbent dry towel or a cloth to dry your AirPods.
- Shake the Airpods to ensure that there isn’t even a drop of water left in them Airpods.
- Please put them in a sunny and dry area for a day or two. You can also use the blow dryer to fasten the process. It works well for the surface but won’t be much help for the interior.
- Never put the AirPods in the case unless they are completely dry. Otherwise, you might end up compromising the charging capabilities of your case.
- If your case is also wet, surround your case with silica gel and let it get dry for a few days.
- Never use or even turn on your AirPods until they are completely dry.
We can understand the frustration that comes with a dead case. TWiththis comprehensive guide, you can easily connect your AirPods without a case. If you are facing any other problems, leave a comment below. One of our team members will get back to you with a solution ASAP.
- Why do AirPods hurt my ears
- Airpods pro screeching noise
- How to clean AirPods with hydrogen peroxide
- Airpods keep cutting out
- JBL Speaker Sizes - December 19, 2022
- Tesla Spotify Not Working ( Easy Fixes ) - December 15, 2022
- Factory Reset Oculus ( Meta ) Quest 2 without phone - December 14, 2022
- How do I Connect my AirPods if the case is dead?
- Why is the case important?
- How to connect your AirPods to an alternate case after the original case is dead?
- Why did the AirPods case die?
- What to do if the AirPods case is lost?
- Can I connect two different AirPods to one case?
- Why do AirPods not connect even with a charged battery?
- Can AirPods be connected when the case is closed?
- What to do if my AirPods get wet?