Do you need help on How to find stolen AirPods? Don’t go anywhere! Here we are, to provide you with a leading guide about it.
One of the ways to listen wireless is possible through AirPods. But have you lost your AirPods? And want to know how to find stolen AirPods? In this article, we will have a look at the steps that can be taken to track stolen Airpods.
It is difficult but not an impossible task to find the Airpods. There are some methods available to get back the stolen Airpods. Here, we provide information on finding stolen AirPods with “Find My” to locate your AirPods location.
Are you ready? Let’s dive into it!
How To Find The Stolen Airpods
Find I am one of the easiest ways to find stolen AirPods. It is because it shows you the location of AirPods. But it is not only one way. Multiple ways can be used to get back your Airpods. So, let’s also have a look at them.
Set Up Find My
Suppose you have set up Find Mine with your iPhone, iPad that you are using with Airpods. It will help you get your AirPod location. Let’s see how you can set Find My.
- Click on the settings app.
- Click on your name and then Find Me.
- You can also share your location with your loved ones if you want. For this, tap on share my location.
- Tap Find Me.
- Turn on Find My.
- If you are offline, turn on Find My network by selecting this option.
That’s the way you can set up Find My on your iPhone. But you can not find the location of your AirPods if you have turned on your device. Find My before your Airpods are lost. Then, sadly you will not be able to find them.
See Your AirPods Location On Map
It shows you the location of Apple devices you were last time signed in with the same Apple ID with your AirPods. You can use a few steps to locate Airpods on your iPhone.
- Unlock Find My app.
- Tap on devices.
- Choose your AirPods.
- Under the device, you see your location or no location found.
The exciting thing is that you can also have the location of your AirPods on your computer. It just needs a small process to do.
- For this, go to iCloud.com.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap on all devices and click on your Airpods.
- You will find your last location under each device or offline.
Play A sound
This strategy can also be used to get your lost AirPods. But it can only be done if they are near to you and connected to your Bluetooth device. It plays a sound if your device is near to you. Find My App can do this. After doing this, your AirPods make a sound that gets slowly louder for a few minutes until you stop them. Let’s see how you can do it.
- Select Find My App.
- Tap on devices.
- Select the AirPods from your list.
- Click on play sound.
Ensure that these AirPods are not in your ears before you play a sound. Also, keep this in mind, your AirPods are not out of charge or offline. You can not get the location of your AirPods if they are in your charging case or if you see “no location found” or “offline” under your AirPods on your iPhone. But you can get the location where they were last connected. As soon as you get online, you will have a notification on your iPhone.
Recommend Reading: Why Do AirPods Hurt Your Fars
Track Stolen AirPods By Serial Number
As it is not an easy task to find AirPods by serial number. But you can give it to police officers and can file a report. While filing a report, you will need the serial number of your AirPods.
Do you want to know where you can find the serial number of your AirPods? Don’t worry! It is just a simple task, or you can say a simple step to take.
- Tap on settings and click on Bluetooth.
- Search your AirPods in the given list.
- Click on more information next to AirPods.
- You will see the serial number.
There are also various ways to find a serial number except for the given procedure. You can find it on your charging case of AirPods. The serial number is given inside the case. Apart from this, you can find it on the actual packaging/cover given beside the barcode.
Lock Your Stolen Airpods
After using every solution and still, you do not get your AirPods, for this you can lock them through Find My. It will discourage the thieves and stop whoever stole your device and is going to use it as his own.
For this, you have to combine it with Lock Activation. It will make it highly difficult to use stolen AirPods.
Use A Tile Tracker
One of the preferred trackers is Tile Tracker for AirPods. It is Tile Inc. Mate, and it can be carried with your AirPods case. This is very beneficial for keeping Mate with AirPods, especially when your AirPods get stolen. Let’s have a look How it can help to find stolen Airpods.
- Keep Mate and Airpods case together, so you can easily track AirPods when they get stolen.
- You can track Mate if it is not in the range of your iPhone. You can track it through “Community Find.”
- Install the app to find your device.
- If the Mate is in a range of 150 ft of your iPhone, it will play a sound that can help you find your AirPods.
Frequently Asked Questions
A few of the questions you frequently ask about how to find stolen AirPods are also answered in this article. Let’s have a look at them.
Can I Track Stolen Reset Airpods?
Sadly, when your stolen AirPods have been reset. It is somehow impossible to track them. Despite this, you can find your stolen AirPods by the Find My feature, which Apple facilitates.
Is AirPods Traceable?
Yes, AirPods are traceable by the Find My app. But for this, your AirPods must be out of the case, charged, and in range of your iPhone. As far as AirPods are out of charging and are in the AirPods case, you can only get their last location.
Can I Find Airpods When They Are In Case?
For this Play, the rational function can be used if your AirPods are in the case and you want to find them. But as the AirPods are in the case, you can’t hear a sound, but you will get its last location on your iPhone.
Precautions – How To Avoid Losing AirPods
There is no benefit of crying over spilled milk. Therefore, spending money on new or replacing AirPods is not a good idea at all. So, before you lose your AirPods, you must take some precautions from not getting them stolen.
- Make Your AirPods Wired We know it’s not an attractive way to save your Airpods. But you have to back off, and it is going to save you from any loss. Think for a while. Have you lost an earbud that was wired?
- Utilize Ear Hooks We believe that this step is not old-fashioned; either it looks attractive on your ears. These are rubber tips to avoid the chance of AirPods falling from your ear. Sometimes, an AirPod falls out of your ear, and you do not come to know. Therefore, this would be the best option for you to save your AirPods from losing.
- Keep Your AirPods In The Case this is a step that is and mostly in your hand. You have to keep your AirPods in your case. Although you are best at keeping things safe, you still have to put AirPods in their case. This habit will not only save you from losing the AirPods, but it will also increase the battery life of AirPods.
- Anti-Lost Case Cover, The small case with white color, can be lost easily, but no worries now. There are many charging cases available in the market that are of bright colors and are more prominent. Therefore, it will be hard to lose these brighter and visible cases. It also adds a minimal fashion to your AirPods’ case.
The Key Takeaway
As we have come to know that losing Airpods can put you in a disturbing situation. To some extent, it is not much of an easy task to find stolen Airpods. The best solution we have is to keep your AirPods secure by following the above precautions.
We believe that we have provided you with enough knowledge about finding stolen AirPods in this article. After reading it, you will quickly get your way without going anywhere else!
This Article is Updated.
- Why Do my Airpods Sound Muffled
- Why do my AirPods keep falling out
- One Airpod Isn’t Charging in Case
- Can You Use Airpods Pro Without Tips
- Can You Use Airpods on Ps5
- Can You Use Airpods in The Shower
- Why are my AirPods so quiet
- How to spot fake AirPods Pro Packaging
- AirPods blinking red
- Can someone Connect to your Airpod
- Can you track airpods with serial numbers