Are you eager to explore How To Reset Fake AirPods? Don’t you know any tips or tricks to make it down quickly? Why be worried? We are here for you!
Yes, we all know there are hundreds of fake AirPods in the market, and many of us even buy those fake AirPods to save our money. Fake AirPods are cheap yet have the same shape, design, and colours as the original AirPods.
However, the quality of the fake AirPods is not like the original ones; there is also an issue in operating the features of fake AirPods. One of the significant issues is difficulty in resetting the fake AirPods. Both AirPods (right and left) often don’t work at once; thus, there is a need to reset the AirPod.
Thus, in this article, we will brief How To Reset Fake AirPods; so, stay along with us and explore straightforward methods!
How to Reset Original AirPods and AirPods Pro
Before talking about How To Reset Fake AirPods, look at how to reset the original Apple AirPods and AirPods Pro. Let’s begin! Follow the simple steps.
- Keep the AirPods in the case and close the lid.
- Close the lid for at least 30 seconds, then open it.
- Go to the iOS device, then look at settings. Tap on Bluetooth and turn it on. Now move to tap on the Circled tiny “i” icon placed next to the AirPods.
- Tap on Forget This Device, then tap again to confirm.
- Close the lid and hold the back button of the case for at least 15 seconds until the light flashes amber.
- Open the case lid and place the AirPods closer to your device. Now start following the screen instruction to reconnect them.
Note: Remember, if you charge the AirPods with any wired connection, the status light is inside the case. You will see it between the AirPods. If you own an AirPods Pro or the AirPods get charged via a wireless connection, the status light is present at the front of the case. When you reset the AirPods one time, keep in mind they will no longer recognise any device linked with your iCloud account. On opening, the case lid near to your iOS device will start the initial startup process, the same as the first time when you used them.
This is the simple process to connect Apple original AirPods, and now we will discuss: How to Reset Fake AirPods? Or How do you get fake AirPods to work? These and many similar questions are covered in detail in this article. Just remain focused, and things will be easier!
How to Reset Fake AirPods
How To reset Fake AirPods, How to reset Fake AirPods Pro, the process is almost the same. There are some steps that you have to follow. Let’s have a look!
- Step 1: Firstly, ensure that both earbuds are present in the case; if any of them is missing, remember the resetting process is unable to start.
- Step 2: Next, make sure that your earbuds and charging case are both fully charged. To make the resetting process successful, keep an eye on the charging level of both. If there is not enough charging, it is suggested to charge them first.
- Step 3: Look for the button on the case. It is noticed that about 99.9% of fake AirPods buttons are present at the backside of the case. It has a built-in case and is most of the same colour. To find it, softly rub your hand on the backside of the case.
- Step 4: In this step, press and hold that button for at least 15 seconds. The original takes about 15 seconds, but the fake takes just 10 seconds or more than this(20 seconds). Make sure that when you are doing the resetting process, the charging lid is opened. If it is closed, the AirPods will not start resetting.
- Step 5: Keep an eye on the charging light; when it starts blinking, it is a sign that resetting or charging starts. If the light does not blink, you are not able to reset the AirPods.
These steps can also be followed to know the answer to How To rest cheap AirPods. Cheap or Fake AirPods are terms that are used interchangeably because Apple products are a little bit costly. Fake or cheap AirPods might get some time in resetting.
How to Fix Fake AirPods?
Fake AirPods can suddenly put you in trouble, but it does not mean they are not worth buying. They cost you ¼ less than the original Apple AirPods. The problems arise in fake AirPods, mostly from when one airport stops working or charging issues. Previously we discussed how to reset the fake AirPods.Now we will discuss in detail: how you can fix the charging issue of the fake AirPods.
Fake AirPods not Charging: What Should Be The Reason
Try to follow some preventive measures if the fake AirPods show charging problems.
- Take a cotton tip made of methylated and start cleaning the charging case, and you can also use it to clean the AirPods charging contact area. But use soft hands.
- You can also give a try to cotton earbuds by dipping them in spirit.
- Ensure the USB cable is working correctly and inserted in the AirPods case and power source tightly.
- Also, make sure that the wall outlet is in good condition and working fully.
- If there is still an issue, try to use another USB or power source.
- Reset the AirPods by holding the Power button for at least 15 seconds.
- If you own a fake AirPods, using a recommended amp charger and a high-quality USB cable is suggested.
Read below to know why the Fake AirPods are not charging evenly.
Fake AirPods not charging evenly: Possible Causes
When trying to charge the AirPod in a hot car, you can encounter an uneven charging issue. This issue might happen because of dirt or oil in the charging contacts. As mentioned earlier, this dirt can be cleaned by using methylated spirit tips. This issue can also arise due to louder sound settings on one side, either left or right. This will cause one AirPod to discharge fastly, and the result is that it will not get enough charging. So, whenever you need to charge them in a hot car, do it under the shady area.
Technical Details About Real And Fake AirPods
There are some technical differences between real and fake AirPods. This happens as replica manufacturers don’t have enough power and sources to duplicate the Apple chips that they used inside their products. They do not get access to what Apple has developed. Still, some notable differences are noticed at first glance. We mentioned some of them here.
- Keep in mind that you will get authentic Apple AirPods only in white colour. Apple does not make AirPods in colours other than white(to date).
- The original AirPods quickly connects to your phone. It is seen that it takes only 10 seconds to connect them to the device.
- Fake AirPods have a shorter battery span as compared to authentic ones.
- Instead of an Apple lightning port, fake AirPods usually have a USB-C port.
- Generally, find my AirPods under find my iPhone is unable to work with the fake version.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Reset Fake AirPods?
The process is already discussed above. Close the lid, go to the settings app on your phone. Turn on the Bluetooth. Hold the button of the case until it flashes amber. Find AirPods on the device, and here you go.
How To Reset Fake AirPods Pro?
This is not so difficult, and almost the process is the same when resetting the AirPods.IF you have an issue in resetting them, try closing the lid, turning off the Bluetooth. Open the lid, turn on the Bluetooth and repeat until it gets reset and connected.
How Do I Reset My Cheap AirPods?
It would help if you rested the AirPods when it showed a charging problem or something else.
- Put both AirPods in the charging case, and close the lid.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Open the lid of the charging case.
- Go to settings on iPhone, iPad or iPad touch, tap on Bluetooth to turn it on. Now tap the more info button placed next to the AirPods. The icon is like this.
- In case you will not find the AirPods in Settings. Move to the next step.
- Tap Forget this Device, and to confirm, tap again.
- Keep the lid open, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for 15 seconds until the light flashes amber, then white.
How Do You Get Fake AirPods To Work?
This is not so difficult, and the process is a little bit the same. Let’s have a look.
- Firstly open the lid of your fake AirPod case.
- Then move to your phone settings.
- Tap on Bluetooth and turn it on.
- Then the device starts searching for the nearest AirPods.
- But if it is not, then take the AirPod case in your hands, tap and hold the back button for some time until the light blinks.
- If there is still a connection issue, turn off the Bluetooth, close the lid, and repeat the steps until it gets connected.
- The only condition is never to give up, try again and again and wait patiently.
Do Fake AirPods Connect Like Real Ones?
When you open the case of the original AirPods, iOS devices such as the iPhone will pop up with a prompt that shows you to connect earbuds. A fake AirPods takes some time to connect, and you have to connect them manually by using Bluetooth settings.
6. How Do I Reset My AirPods Without Button?
If the fake AirPods does not have a button on the backside, each earbud will have a button that helps to connect them with the phone. Otherwise, the process is the same as discussed above.
The Bottom Line
We have found many users complaining about resetting fake AirPods; therefore, in this article, we shed light on the solution to this problem. If you are also from those users who feel the trouble of resetting their fake Airpods, you can read the article until the end.
You can follow the mentioned steps; we hope your journey of resetting the AirPods will become super-easy! Here you go!
This Article is Updated.
- Why Do my Airpods Sound Muffled
- Why do my AirPods keep falling out
- One Airpod Isn’t Charging in Case
- Can You Use Airpods Pro Without Tips
- Can You Use Airpods on Ps5
- Can You Use Airpods in The Shower
- Why are my AirPods so quiet
- How to spot fake AirPods Pro Packaging
- AirPods blinking red
- Can someone Connect to your Airpod
- Can you track airpods with serial numbers
- How to Reset Fake AirPods
- Frequently Asked Questions