The biggest question you can ask yourself is, Can I Reset A Stolen AirPod? Let’s discuss the answer in detail.
Probably it is possible that you can reset the stolen AirPod, but with a trick. However, it is not sure that the trick will work for everyone. It will not take more than five minutes to check whether this trick will work for you or not. So feel free to give it a try. But before getting to know how to reset stolen AirPods, know whether you can track stolen AirPods after resetting.
Can A Stolen AirPods Be Tracked After Resetting It?
It is so simple to track a stolen AirPod. But no stolen AirPod can be tracked once reset. So, if you are the owner of any Apple device or AirPods that does not belong to you, make sure to reset it before using it so that the previous owner cannot track it.
How To Reset Stolen AirPods
Before you pair stolen AirPods with the phone, make sure to follow the below-mentioned steps to reset them, so they will not be tracked by anyone else. Let’s have a look.
- Place the stolen AirPods in their case by keeping the lid closed.
- Be patient, wait for at least 30 seconds, then open the lid.
- Take the Apple device in your hands, and move to settings.
- Then go to Bluetooth and turn it on. Now tap the tiny” i” icon present next to the AirPods.
- Now tap on Forget This Device and again tap to confirm.
- Keep the case lid open, press and hold the button present at the back of the case for about 15 seconds until the front light flashes amber.
- While keeping the lid open, place the AirPods near your phone and start following the on-screen instruction to reconnect the AirPods.
This is the simple step by which you can reset the stolen AirPods belonging to Apple. In this way, the AirPods are unable to recognize the device paired with them previouslyOpeningng the AirPods case near your iOS device will start the setup process, making you did for the first time.
How To Reset Original And Second-Generation AirPods
We also bring something to increase your knowledge when you know how to reset stolen AirPods. Yes, here, you will know how to reset original and second-generation AirPods quickly. Read and feel easy by following the given steps.
Note: Firstly, make sure that both the AirPods are present in the charging case and the earbuds and case are fully charged.
- Please search for the back button of the case, present near the bottom as it flushes with the case and of the same color, so you have to feel it gently using your hand.
- Now open the lid of the charging case.
- Press and hold the back button for about 15 seconds. You will notice that the case internal light placed between the AirPods will flash white first, then amber. That is the indication that the AirPods have reset.
- Remember, in the Wireless Charging Case, you will find this light on the front of the case.
As simple as you want, by using these steps, you will easily reset your second-generation AirPods.
Recommend Reading: Why Do AirPods Hurt Your Fars
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can Someone Reset Stolen AirPods?
What will you do if you lose the AirPods, or a thief stole them? This is the worst scenario if the thief has an iPhone, iPad, or other Apple device. Then it is easy to reset the stolen AirPods.Unluckily, there is no way to block the stolen or lost AirPods as they do not connect via Wi-Fi. You will only get them back if you are lucky enough. Sorry, but this is true.
- Can Stolen Airpods Be Used?
Yes, if anyone steals the whole set, it can be used comfortably. A pair button icon is present at the back of the AirPods case that connects them with other devices. Once stolen and out of your phone reach, it is possible that others used them.
- Can I Reset Airpods I found?
You can do it by following the steps already mentioned in this article. Open the Settings app, turn on Bluetooth, press the case button, and find them on nearby devices. Once the light flashes white then amber, it means they reset.
- Do Airpods Have GPS Tracking?
Most AirPods use the phone’s GPS for tracking, as they do not have specified GPS. So, it is not possible to track them if they are out of reach. We can see the last location ( last time they connect to your phone, keeping the location services on) but remember we are not talking about live location.
- Can Apple Track Stolen AirPods By Serial Number?
The simple and straight answer is no; you can not track them using a serial number.
This Article is Updated.
- Why Do my Airpods Sound Muffled
- Why do Airpods hurt your ears
- Why do my AirPods keep falling out
- One Airpod Isn’t Charging in Case
- Can You Use Airpods Pro Without Tips
- Can You Use Airpods on Ps5
- Can You Use Airpods in The Shower
- Why are my AirPods so quiet
- How to spot fake AirPods Pro Packaging
- AirPods blinking red
- Can someone Connect to your Airpod
- Can you track airpods with serial numbers