Are you looking for the answer; how to use Roku stick on a laptop? Glad to help, read down this article till the end to get a comprehensive answer.
Do you want to watch your favorite program on TV and don’t know how to do it? Are you looking for the strategy to use Roku stick on a laptop and how to do it?
Roku is one the most helpful device for streaming and not on the laptop. It can also stream on a monitor and let the user enjoy smooth streaming. Roku is a high-definition video streaming device, and the user can get numerous streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, youtube, and Amazon.
Roku is one of the favorite devices of users who don’t want to entangle themselves with any coaxial cables, as this device comes up with n cable and is quite a handy one.
How To Use Roku Stick On Laptop
So, if you want to know how to use a Roku stick on a laptop, keep digging this article for a detailed answer, but before jumping to the answer, let’s take a quick look at the question to clear any thoughts about the Roku stick.
What is Roku stick?
Roku stick is a small-sized cable-free device that anyone can link into their laptops to enjoy Netflix, sports, News, or any other entertaining channel or event. This Roku stick is a streaming gadget that streams the channel when hooked to the TV or laptop.
The best feature of this stick is that it doesn’t require a cable connection or a dish on the top of the house to transmit or perform. Streaming is essentially private networking that includes services such as Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, and YouTube.
How does a Roku stick work?
Roku Stick is a tiny portable device, and it has the feature of connecting and playing as you can easily plug the Roku stick into the TV or laptop. It allows you to stream videos from a variety of streaming sites, sports programs, and websites. Also, Roku gives users an approach to an endless amount of exciting stuff. Therefore, they have to figure out how to link Roku to the pc or laptop.
With Roku, the users can quickly access the HDMI port, as the Roku stick will work only if there’s an HDMI port in the laptop. So, having an HDMI port makes the streaming path with Roku easier, but if there’s an HDMI port in a laptop or PC, you have to take some steps to plug the Roku stick into the laptop.
Additionally, the Rokus stick emerges with a remote control to operate the device, and it also has an app so that the user can deal with it on the phone.
How to use a Roku stick on a laptop?
It is sometimes difficult to connect the Roku stick with your laptop, but by following the below steps, you can link Roku with your laptop.
So, if your laptop has an HDMI port, then it is easy to hook a Roku stick on a laptop, but if there’s no HDMI port, it is impossible to attach a Roku stick.
- Turn on the laptop and open the chosen web browser.
- Now search the Plex application and type http:/www.plexapp.com/getplex/ and then enter it.
- After the website loads, you will see three options on the homepage.
- Three options like downloading Plex Media Server for Linux, downloading Plex Media Server for Windows, and Downloading Plex Media Server for Mac.
- Let the update complete and launch the application you want to download on your laptop.
- Now install the downloaded application, and then if the User Account Control (UAC) option appears, select yes.
- Select the Activate option to begin once if the Setup Roku Active information emerges on the browser.
- Sign in to your Roku account and go to the Roku store; now browse for the Plex app, make a shortcut to it on your laptop screen, and then activate the Plex app.
- Now, connect the laptop with your home internet, and then the laptop and Roku are connected.
- Plex Media Server finally allows you to stream content from your Roku to your laptop.
You can easily stream any favorite program by setting up a Roku stick on the laptop by following the above.
But, if you don’t have a Roku remote control and don’t know how to set up the Roku on a laptop, then read the below information.
How to Setup Roku stick without a remote?
Using a Roku streaming firestick without a remote is quite tricky, so here are a few steps that you can follow in dealing with a Roku streaming stick without a remote.
- Firstly, make sure that both the laptop and Roku streaming stick are connected, and then the MAC or windows must be compatible with the Roku remote program.
- Now, add the local network with a password that was linked directly with the Roku program.
- Then, open the chrome web store and download the Roku remote control app.
- Your laptop must be connected with the same network your Roku program is connected to, and then start the Roku remote application.
- Here you will get all the button options and the voice assistant; now, you have to attach the Roku with the voice assistant.
- Now return to the homepage and log in to your Amazon account.
- Go to the Voice Control site’s Home screen and select the Skills choice.
- Then, In the search window, put the fast box and then press the enter; after that, hit the Allow option on the Quick Remote application.
- So, now you may use the voice assistant for controlling the Roku streaming app.
With the help and proper following of the above steps, you can set up a Roku stick without a remote.
How to set up Roku stick on the TV?
You can attach the Roku stick to the TV to enjoy your favorite streaming content, so you have to follow the below steps;
- Connect the HDMI port with the Roku stick but be careful about the port numbers.
- Now, connect the Roku stick to one side of the cable and the main socket towards the other.
- Then, turn on the TV and select an option from Source, video, or remote input.
- Choose the HDMI port into which the Roku streaming stick is inserted, now choose language accordingly and connect it with the internet.
- Now, wait for the activation code and enter the Roku stick app by opening the browser.
- After this, submit the code and enter all the necessary information asked by the program.
- Now doubly check and click any additional option.
- Finally, the Roku streaming stick is active on the TV so that you can watch your streaming movies and sports easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a Roku streaming stick on my laptop?
The answer is as simple, yes, and as clear no; for setting up the Roku streaming stick on the laptop, there must be an HDMI port so that you can quickly hook Roku stick on the laptop. Otherwise, downloading the plex app and activating the selective option will be enough to set up Roku on the laptop. But if your laptop doesn’t have an HDMI port, it’s nearly impossible to set up Roku stick on the laptop.
Can I connect a Roku to my laptop?
Yes, you connect a Roku to your laptop if your laptop has HDMI port connectivity, so if a laptop has this option, it is pretty easy to connect Roku to your laptop after a few steps.
For setting up Roku streaming stick on the laptop, the only thing that matters is HDMI port connectivity, so for streaming your favorite program on the laptop, just make sure that your laptop has an HDMI port. Otherwise, linking a Roku stick on a laptop is quite impossible and time-consuming; we hope that you find this article on using a Roku stick on a laptop quite helpful and informative.
This Article is Updated.
- AirPods Beeping – Reasons and Easy Fixes - March 3, 2023
- LG TV Lines on Screen Problem - March 3, 2023
- My monitor turns off after a few seconds - March 3, 2023