Let’s discuss why HP Laptop Screen Goes Black But Still Running.
HP Laptop Screen Goes Black But Still Running
Hardware issues can be tricky and irritating for most of us out there who are not tech-friendly. When it comes to laptops, it’s not the software that can cause us pain rather the hardware issues can also take time to be resolved. Whether it is a broken laptop screen, a faulty Wi-Fi router, a non-functional mouse pad or the battery going dead, these issues hinder our work progress as most of us are not technicians or we do not have the hardware to replace it with the affected one.
One very common issue for instance in the HP’s laptop is that the screen goes black while the system is still running. This is not just a nuisance but also puts us in lots of doubt about our machine. The laptop screen dark happens when there is a corrupted or damaged graphic driver or an issue with the LCD display backdrop illumination.
To test the display, you can attach an external monitor and restart the computer. If an image displays on external monitor there may be a graphics driver conflict with the d with the note pad LCD display that leads to black laptop screen but still running. There are different reasons that can cause the black screen in your PC.
One of the normal causes is the faulty hardware, like the free or loose connection of your GPU, or the awful cables or port can likewise bring about the screen not working. Aside from the equipment issue, your PC screen can be dark due to the software issues, like the virus or the corrupted software.
Anyways there is nothing much to worry about! We have some solutions through which you can fix this issue without any trouble. Regardless of whether you’re getting the issues like HP screen goes black yet at the same time running, or the black screen on startup, you can attempt the techniques underneath to fix your concern. Many People have resolved their HP black screen issue by following these methods. You don’t have to follow all steps. If one doesn’t solve your concern try the another one.
To Fix Black Screen on your HP Laptop
- Adjust the Brightness
Adjust the brightness. Ensure you haven’t set the brightness of your PC screen to the base or minimum. There should be a function key or buttons on the keyboard which control display brightness. Utilize those buttons to increase your system brightness to check whether your laptop display will become apparent or visible.
- Hard Reset Your Laptop
Generally faulty hardware can cause the dark screen on your HP PC, so you should eliminate the associated hardware from your PC and check whether this is the place where the issue lies in.
- Switch off your Laptop.
- Eliminate the power, hard drives, the battery and any other attached peripheral devices.
- Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds and release..
- Put your battery in and plug the charger. Then, at that point, plug nothing else.
- Boot your laptop again to check whether it works now.
- Assuming it fixes the black screen issue on your HP PC, you ought to have found and fixed your concern. Then, at that point, you can switch off your PC, and attach one peripheral device at a time, and check whether the issue can be re-created. Then, at that point, you can find the reason and fix it.
- Update Your Graphics Driver
The missing or obsolete graphics driver in your laptop can cause the black screen, so you ought to check that the graphics drivers in your laptop are latest or up to date, and update those that aren’t.
You can manually look for the most recent version of your graphic driver from the manufacturer. and then you can download it and install it in your laptop. This requires time and laptop abilities. We suggest this in the event that you’re certain with your laptop skills.
If you are running on time or patience you can do this automatically as well with the Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and its abilities and observe the right drivers for it. You don’t have to know precisely what system your PC is running, you don’t have to take a risk by downloading and installing some wrong or faulty driver, and you don’t have to stress over committing error while installing.
- Disable Fast StartUp
Perhaps the most effective way to fix the HP dark screen issue is to disable fast startup on your PC. Fast startup is a feature empowered in Windows 10, otherwise called Fast boot in Windows 8, that doesn’t allow your PC to play out a standard shutdown. Fast Startup bars any new system refreshes that frequently require a closure, while you might have the option to turn on or off your system. On the off chance that the system won’t get another update every now and then, it influences the performance of the system, at times leading to black hp screen on a startup mode. To disable this feature, follow these steps
- Press Windows and X keys together to open the quick access menu, and select the Control Panel choice.
- Select Power Options from the rundown and afterward select ‘Choose what the power buttons do’ the following page.
- Another window by the name System setting’ will show up. Click on managerial setting or administrative setting ”Change settings that are currently unavailable”.
- Under the ‘Shut-down settings’, uncheck the choice by the name ‘ Turn on fast startup’, and afterward click the Save changes button.
- Reboot the PC now to acquaint the new change and with check whether the issue is settled now or not
- Turnoff Hibernation
Sometimes hibernation files can become corrupt which can be the cause of your laptop screen going black while still running. To solve this you can simply turn off this feature and restart your laptop and this will allow your laptop display to appear.
This Article is Updated.