Facing the Lenovo black screen after the update? Let’s discuss the solution.
Lenovo black screen after update
This issue can in some cases show up after a problematic update. To fix the issue, you’ll have to eliminate this update or install a fresh copy of your OS.
So this behavior occurs most of the time after a restart or after updating their PCs.
There are a couple of potential reasons for this problem for example an External Device like (mouse, printer) could be the reason.
This Windows 10 version might be corrupted or faulty. Maybe The Motherboard is broken.
Dark screen issues can be hazardous since you will not have the option to see your screen by any means. There are some similar reported issues which are as follows:
Dark screen windows 10 with/without cursor – Black screen generally shows up assuming you have two screens. Simply disconnect one of your monitors and the problem should disappear.
Windows dark screen with cursor after login – This issue can be brought about by your Project mode. To fix it, basically use Windows Key + P shortcut to switch to a different or alternative project mode.
Dark screen after Windows update – This issue can now and then show up after a problematic update. To fix the issue, you’ll have to eliminate this update or install a new duplicate of your OS.
Dark screen Windows 10 after sleep – Several users have experienced this issue after awakening their PC from rest. To fix that, have a go at disabling the fast startup feature.
Follow a couple of basic strides to check whether your PC needs the administration of an expert fix specialist. There are multiple reasons that could cause your laptop screen to go black, So how about we investigate how to fix these issues. Note that most solutions suggest entering Safe Mode – if conceivable. Try the following methods and do let us know how it works. Hopefully, you will get the issue fixed after trying these fixes.
How to Fix Lenovo Black Screen After Update
Check the External Devices
On the off chance that you can’t move beyond the dark screen, some TROUBLESHOOTING is essential. So first,
- detach all external devices from your PC
- Unplug the device from any port/docking station.
- Separate every connected peripheral (USB storage devices, external displays, and printers).
- Turn off the AC connector from the PC.
- Eliminate the battery from the battery compartment.
- Now, press and hold the Power button for around 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge out of the capacitors.
- Set the battery back in and reconnect the AC connector and reboot.
- Assuming that the process is effective, you may be taken to a startup menu. Pick Start Windows Normally.
Try a startup repair with a Windows Installation Media
- Make a clean duplicate of Windows 10 on a USB utilizing Windows Media Creation Tool.
- Boot from the recently created flash drive.
- Open Advanced Startup choices.
- Pick Repair your PC (in the Install now section).
- Select Startup repair and allow the process to finish.
Remove the latest Windows Update
Assuming that the crash happens after a new Windows update, the solution is to eliminate it from the system. This must be done in Safe Mode, so look at how to enter it in our first arrangement.
Then, at that point, you ought to have the option to enter the Update and Security part of the device’s Settings and eliminate the most recent update.
Likewise, performing a System Restore and returning to a previous point in time when the system was totally OK might be useful.
Hard Reset Your Lenovo Laptop
Hardware issues like the peripheral devices associated with your Lenovo may likewise cause “Lenovo PC screen dark”. To eliminate the hardware issue, hard rest your Lenovo PC.
To hard reset your Lenovo PC, perform the following tasks:
Stage 1: Turn off your Lenovo PC.
Stage 2: Unplug the power cord. Then, at that point, tenderly eliminate the battery and connected external peripheral devices from your PC.
Stage 3: Put your Lenovo PC to the side for 30 to 40 seconds.
Stage 4: Press and hold the power button on your Lenovo PC for around one minute.
Stage 5: Place the battery back in your Lenovo PC and reconnect the power cord.
Stage 6: Restart your PC
Hopefully hard resetting your PC will solve this issue and bring your display back.
Update your BIOS
Sometimes black screen problems can appear after an update BECAUSE OF BIOS. Many users have reported that they solved the problem simply by updating their BIOS to the latest version.
Windows Key + P Shortcut
Start your PC and delay until the mouse cursor shows up.
Presently press the Spacebar and enter your password. (You’ll need to perform this process blindly, so it may take you a couple of minutes. On the off chance that you don’t have a password relegated to your record, you can simply go to the next step.)
Now press Windows Key + P shortcut and down arrow once.
Now press the Enter key. Continue to repeat this process until the issue is settled.
If all the above-mentioned fixes are of no use then it indicates the problem with your motherboard. You should consult a specialist at this moment to fix your laptop. Unfortunately, most of the users found out that the main issue was with their motherboard.
Check your Cables and Connections:
Try detaching and afterward reconnecting all of your video cables- HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort, and VGA. What’s more indeed, old-fashioned “blow into the ports” works as dust or crud can stuck in there. Cables break. Particularly on the off chance that you’re utilizing a PC and an external monitor. Continually plugging in connectors wears them out after some time. To check whether your cable is some way or another impacted, try a different video cable (e.g., from your TV) that you know works. If that delivers an image, it’s an ideal opportunity to search for another cable for your PC.
This Article is Updated.
- Lenovo laptop black screen issue after login
- Lenovo Laptop Screen Goes Black Randomly
- Lenovo laptop black screen with cursor
- Laptop Screen Randomly Goes BLACK
- How To Screenshot On A Chromebook Without a Windows Key
- How Much Space Does The Sims 4 Take
- Lenovo Black Screen After Update
- Lenovo black screen after Startup
- LG TV Lines on Screen Problem
- Asus Laptop Screen Flickering While Scrolling
- Asus Laptop Screen Flickering When Unplugged
- AirPods Beeping – Reasons and Easy Fixes - March 3, 2023
- LG TV Lines on Screen Problem - March 3, 2023
- My monitor turns off after a few seconds - March 3, 2023