My monitor turns off after a few seconds? This article is the solution
My monitor turns off after a few seconds
Let’s first see why the monitor keeps turning off?
Why does my monitor keep turning off?
Your monitor may be turning off due to a multitude of reasons. Here are some of them:
- The power supply is unreliable.
- The cable connecting the monitor with power is loose or worn off.
- The monitor is malfunctioning. There are loose wires, broke pieces or faulty parts in the body.
- The hardware is overheating and the wires and circuits are fried.
- There is a virus in the system causing the monitor to shut down.
How do I fix my monitor from turning off randomly?
To fix your monitor from turning off randomly, you need to:
- Check your power supply. Ensure a stable connection of cables.
- Update your graphics card
- Remove any external devices and check the functioning of monitor without them.
- Reset BIOS
- Delete any new programs or apps and recheck your monitor.
- Install an antivirus and get rid of any malware
Why does my monitor go black randomly?
Your monitor may go black randomly because of any of the following reasons:
- The inverter that handles the light from the back has imploded. It means that the visual is still present but the backlight that illuminates it is gone.
- An overheated capacitor or faulty power supply is causing momentary power outage
- A damaged HDMI or VGA input cable
- Graphic-driver incompetence
- Corrupted system files
- Reduced power input to motherboard.
- A virus causing the monitor to go black
- Screensaver or scheduled time-outs.
Why does my computer turn off after a few minutes?
Your computer may turn off after a few minutes due to:
Click here, If you are interested in reading our latest buyer guide on Best Second Monitor for iMac.
- Inefficient fanning system. Overheated and fried circuits and wires.
- Dust and debris accumulation in hardware.
- Faulty motherboard
- An impaired video card
- Peripherally-installed hardware causing disruption
- Virus or malware
If you have these problems, this is the article for you.
- monitor automatically turns off but computer still running
- monitor keeps turning off then back on
- monitor turns off and on repeatedly windows 10
- monitor randomly turns off and back on
- monitor turns on then off repeatedly
- dell monitor goes black after a few seconds
- laptop display turns off after a few seconds
This Article is Updated.
- Samsung Monitor Goes Black Randomly
- HP Laptop Screen Goes Black But Still Running
- Asus Monitor Flickering on and off