Continue reading if you can’t get your Samsung monitor to turn on and learn what the most typical reason of a power outage is.
Samsung Monitor Touch Buttons Not Working
It’s possible that the menu button will cease working or respond incorrectly, regardless of how carefully you care for your display. Anything from a simple software fault to hardware failure could be the cause.
However, because of the importance of the menu button as it is one of your device’s most significant buttons, you’ll be annoyed if you run into this issue. You won’t be able to do anything with your display if the home button stops working. It is vital that it be resolved as quickly as possible.
Check to determine if electricity is present within the outlet if your Samsung monitor is not being turned on by the menu button despite the fact that the power supply is securely inserted into both the places i.e., the outlet and the monitor. Check for any circuit breakers that may have been accidentally switched off.
When you turn your Samsung monitor ON, an LED power light illuminates to give a signal that the power is there. When the monitor is turned on, this light will illuminate, indicating that power is present and that proper operation is feasible. If you can’t get your Samsung monitor to switch on, keep reading to find out what the most common cause of the power blackout is.
Ensure both ends of the cord are connected to the monitor first. The power line should be securely inserted into the outlet as well as the rear of the monitor. The device may stop working if one of the ends is loose.
Try doing the following things to make your touch buttons work:
- Turn the monitor off, unhook the power cord, re-plug it, and then turn it back on.
- Make sure the OSD menu isn’t locked. If so, unlock the device by pressing and holding the button above the Power button for 10 seconds.
Touch Button on Monitor Not Responding:
The on-screen display menu, or OSD, on your Samsung monitor allows you to alter the monitor’s brightness, contrast, color, size, and skew. These options change the brightness of the display to match your own tastes or the brightness of your workplace.
When working long hours in your office, properly adjusting the OSD settings makes the screen easier to read and may decrease effort on eye. Because the Samsung OSD is built into the display, it works independently of the operating system and requires no additional software.
It’s conceivable that your display has a feature called OSD Lock. This function locks most OSD (On Screen Display) Menu settings, preventing them from being changed manually doing. On Samsung displays, you can lock the menu so that your settings are safe and cannot be modified.
Click here, If you are interested in reading our latest buyer guide on Best Second Monitor for iMac.
There is a power button lock on some monitors that keeps the power and power buttons in the ON position. The OSD (On-Screen Display) Menu can also be locked and unlocked with the menu lock feature.
- To lock the Power Button, press and hold the  and down arrow buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- To lock the OSD Menu, press and hold the  and up arrow buttons together for 10 seconds.
Steps To Follow:
If your monitor touch buttons are not working then there’s a high chance that your Monitor has some internal issue which could be caused by some external sources such as plugging or faulty wires or an electric shot. You need to make sure your monitor is connected to safe sources and whatever is the power provider, it’s clean and shock proof because in any case if the power is faulty, it would affect your PC far more than just power button dysfunction and your monitor can break down. Follow these steps:
- Make sure the monitor cables are connected properly.
- Any monitor extension wires should be removed.
- To cycle through input modes on a monitor that allows multiple input sources, push the INPUT button on the monitor.
- If you’re using an AC adapter, unplug it from any power strips or surge protectors and plug it directly into a wall socket.
- If the problem goes away and then reappears after wiggling the cable, the cable may be damaged or have an electrical short, or the LCD connector may be at fault.
This Article is Updated.