It’s worth taking a few minutes to read these Whirlpool Refrigerator Moving Instructions since this helpful manual will explain what you must do in detail.
Are you trying to transfer your refrigerator in the simplest possible manner? Finding out your Whirlpool refrigerator isn’t working right after the moving process is finished is unsettling. The good news is that while moving your Whirlpool refrigerator, a few instructions will make this process easier.
When transporting large items like refrigerators, complications can frequently occur no matter how much care you take, and the professional movers are familiar with these issues. They can leak, gather mold or mildew, ruin flooring, and damage walls; the chance of all these things is higher if you’re transporting them yourself.
Follow these instructions if you need to relocate your whirlpool refrigerator safely.
Whirlpool Refrigerator Moving Instructions
When transferring a refrigerator to a new place, it is crucial to follow these recommendations as they will enable you to protect your Whirlpool refrigerator from any damage.
Before moving your refrigerator
You can turn off the refrigerator as it needs to be done a few hours before relocating to give the evaporator enough time to thaw.
- Remove the electric cable from the socket.
- Clear out all food, then scrub the inside. You can also put a bag full of activated charcoal, which is often used in aquariums) or a container of sodium bicarbonate in the fridge to absorb aromas if it will be in transit for more than a day.
- Lock up loose objects like the grills, racks, storage containers, ice trays, buckets, etc. To protect covers and removable components, use tape, which keeps them from separating and harming things.
- Handle carefully. Your refrigerator’s exterior needs to be covered with a blanket for protection.
Moving Your Fridge
To reduce potential harm to the system or avoid damage to unsecured goods, it is advisable to keep the refrigerator upright when loading it into a moving truck, etc.
Depending on the kind of refrigerator being transported, the following things should be taken into account if lying the fridge down cannot be avoided:
Models with a top freezer: Put it on the side away from the hinges, so the door stays shut.
Models side by side: Place it on the freezer’s side. It’s less probable that the door will open.
Exception: Side-by-Side Models with built-ins should adhere to the guidelines listed below for built-ins.
Models with a French door and a bottom freezer must always stand, although they can be angled to fit past doorways and other obstructions.
Compact models: These have to stay upright at all times. You should always maintain compact models upright to avoid drainage from running back into the appliance unless it is brand-new straight out of the box due to the drain’s design. If You must transport it on its side, switch it off the day before to give it enough time to drain.
Designed models: All built-in fridge models must always stay upright when transported in a moving vehicle. On a dolly, though, it can be turned to the side and brought inside the house. The product’s installation instructions offer a list of specifics.
Protect the fridge
If your refrigerator has wheels, ensure it is securely fastened inside the moving van to avoid rolling and breaking.
Always push from the side when utilizing a hand truck or dolly. If trucked either from the front or back, potential damage could happen.
After Moving Your refrigerator
If the refrigerator had to be moved on its side, it should be placed upright while you moved it on its sides before being plugged in. If it has been on its side for longer than a day, let it stand up for 24hrs before restarting the refrigerator.
You will require a few minutes of standing time if the object is lying on its side only briefly for servicing, cleaning, or adjusting.
Considerations to make before moving your whirlpool refrigerator
Don’t forget to measure the doorways and entryways in your old and new home! Verify that the whirlpool refrigerator can pass through the front door, the hallway, corners, and all of the doorways in your house.
Safety measures while moving your whirlpool refrigerator
If you plan to move the refrigerator by yourself, ensure that you have one more helper and the right tools for the job. Ensure that doorways are clear for you to pass through. A refrigerator is a large appliance, so if you need to move it upward or downward stairs, you might want to think about hiring expert movers.
Use rope or tape to hold the door closed. To protect it from any shocks it might experience during the journey; you should possibly cover the equipment in plastic wrap, a thick blanket, or something else. Using sturdy ropes, fasten the equipment to the cart, or the truck will transport it.
When moving a refrigerator, standing is better. This may not always be achievable, though. You can flip your refrigerator around; however, it’s not ideal. Remember that following the move, your refrigerator needs to be stationary for several hours. This wait time increases to twice the amount of time the appliance has lain on its side when being transported on its side.
Installation and Relocation
Your fridge needs a little time to settle in the kitchen area of your new house after it has been securely carried there. You should leave it unplugged and upright for a minimum of four hours so the compressor oil may settle.
After 4 hours, you can plug in your appliance. Verify that the thermostat is turned on, but stop loading any food. Give your refrigerator enough time to cool to temperatures suitable for storing food; this process could take up to twelve hours.
How to prepare your whirlpool refrigerator before moving?
You must take care of a few things before prepping your refrigerator for transfer before establishing a relocation plan. The steps below show how to set up your refrigerator for movement.
Empty the refrigerator.
It might sound apparent, but you should first empty the fridge of everything. Eat all the stuff in the refrigerator that you don’t want to carry with you beginning about a week before you intend to transfer the appliance. Remember to obtain storage for everything you can’t access, whether by sharing it with somebody else or putting it in a cooler while you move. After that, remove the refrigerator’s drawers and shelves.
Disconnect the wiring and water lines
A refrigerator’s technological sophistication increases with its age. Disable the water systems and wiring if it has indoor screens, an ice maker, or a water dispenser. Keep a close eye on the water line.
According to Isaac Pulkkinen, a mover and instructor with Gentle Giant, “it’s normally effortless to unplug the water systems, but as a mover, we’re a little reluctant to fool about something that includes water.” “If it isn’t turned off properly, you might do a lot of harm. You can occasionally need to have a technician get it correctly turned off.
If necessary, defrost the refrigerator.
Fridge defrosting won’t always be necessary before a relocation.
You must defrost your refrigerator before putting it in storage, according to Misinksi. “If it’s only a quick local move, the weather will determine if you need to.”
Short means the complete transfer shouldn’t take more than six to eight hours. It won’t be a problem in the winter. However, the truck’s refrigerator will begin to thaw and leak water throughout the summer. Make sure you have quite enough hours before the transfer to take care of defrosting your refrigerator if you do need to.
We hope this article helped you comprehend the key directions for transferring your refrigerator. We have created a comprehensive guide to provide you with the correct safety precautions and simple instructions for all models of Whirlpool refrigerators. Transporting your Whirlpool refrigerator is a little more difficult because you must first remove the unit doors. Always refer to the installation instructions and user manual for specifics on how to do this.
- How long do you wait to plug in a freezer after moving it
- How long do I unplug my fridge to reset it
- Freezer Not Defrosting Ice Build Up
- Where is Defrost Timer Located On a Refrigerator
- Can you transport a refrigerator laying down
- Why Whirlpool Refrigerator LED Lights Flickering
- How to Move a Refrigerator Out of a Tight Space
- How Long Is The Defrost Cycle On A Refrigerator
- Best Portable Icemaker That Keeps Ice Frozen
- Can You Lay A Samsung Fridge Down
- How to Move a Refrigerator to Clean Behind
- How can I move my refrigerator with straps
- Why my fridge won’t turn on when plugged in?
- How To Defrost A Frost Free Freezer
- Whirlpool Refrigerator Moving Instructions
- How To Move A Freezer Full Of Food
- What Causes A Frost Free Freezer To Ice Up
- Automatic Fridge vs Frost Free Fridge
- How Long Does It Takes To Defrost A Frost Free Freezer
- Moving a freezer from one room to another
- Refrigerator turns on and off frequently
- Best 7 Cu Ft Chest Freezer
- Best 5 Cu Ft Chest Freezer
- Whirlpool Refrigerator Moving Instructions - September 1, 2022
- How Long Do You Wait To Plug In a Freezer After Moving It - September 1, 2022
- How Long Is The Defrost Cycle On A Refrigerator - September 1, 2022
- Whirlpool Refrigerator Moving Instructions
- Before moving your refrigerator
- Moving Your Fridge
- Protect the fridge
- After Moving Your refrigerator
- Considerations to make before moving your whirlpool refrigerator
- Safety measures while moving your whirlpool refrigerator
- How to prepare your whirlpool refrigerator before moving?