Are you wondering Why is one AirPod louder than the other? No need to be worried as we have come up with the solution! Here you go!
Are you facing a volume issue with your AirPods? Is your one AirPods louder than the other? Keep calm! This issue occurs with many, and there are many more straightforward and proven fixes that you can try at your home to come out of this trouble.
And yes, there is no need to be worried or visit a market directly; first, you can get into the quick and more straightforward solutions we have brought for you. All these issues are stated after extensive research and try them personally.
So, it’s your turn; here you go!
Why Is One Airpod Louder Than The Other: Easy Fixes To Get Rid Of This Issue
So, here are the most reliable and practical solutions for your AirPods- when one is louder than the other.
Go ahead, crack, and apply them!
Adjust The Audio Volume Balance
When you open the settings of your iPhone there, you see the option from which you can change the volume that has an output with AirPods.
Many apple users said that changing settings and making sure that sound is balanced and not on a minimum level shows that AirPods also produce the same volume.
From where can you go to the settings on your iPhone or iPad in iOS? Here we are going to discuss this.
- Jump to the Settings app and tap on Accessibility.
- Next step, under the hearing, tap on the Audio/Visuals that you need to check and adjust the audio volume balance between the left and proper channels of the AirPods. Make sure to align it in the middle to get an equal volume of sound.
Note: If you have iOS 12 or the latest versions, the steps are as follows
Settings, then General, Move to Accessibility, and then Hearing.
Disconnect AirPods From Your Device
When you are trying to fix the Why Is One Airpod Louder Than The Other issue, another method to follow is, disconnect the AirPods from your iPhone or iPad or any other device they are connected to.
As many of us have a pretty good idea of disconnecting your AirPod from any of the Apple devices, yet for your ease, the following are the worthier yet straightforward steps.
- Take your iPhone or iPad and open the settings app.
- Select Bluetooth
- Tap on the tiny “i” present next to the AirPods at ‘Devices.’
- Now select ‘Forget This Device.’
- In the pop-up message, Confirm to ‘Forget Device’
When you disconnect the Apple device from your AirPods, you can easily connect them again. To reconnect them, follow the given steps.
- Same as mentioned above, open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select Bluetooth and turn it on.
- Put the AirPods in their charging case and keep the lid open.
- There is a button at the back of the charging case; press and hold it until the light flashes.
- In the Bluetooth devices list, select the AirPods on your connected device.
Recommend Reading: Why Do AirPods Hurt Your Fars
How do I fix one AirPod louder than the other? If this question is still unanswered, move to our next fix.
Use One AirPod, Then Put It Back In The Case
To get rid of the Why Is One Airpod Louder Than The Other issue, we are here with the most straightforward hack.
It is so simple; you can use the charging case for resetting the volume balance on your device. Follow the given method to do this.
- Take that AirPod that is louder than the other (remember only one AirPod).
- Put the AirPod again in the charging case, with the other one also there.
- Ensure that both AirPods are in the charging case, and close the lid.
- By doing so, it will instantly reset the volume balance.
To make sure this method works, clean the devices and are connected with the charging case. Do we hope you can also get the answer to How do I reset my AirPods volume?
Clean Any Dirt From The AirPods
The microphone is located at the bottom of the AirPod is. But remember, this is the same place where most of the gunk and dust gather with time. Due to this, devices face problems in connecting with the charging case.
- Always make sure the microphone is clean and ensure the charging is equally dust-free from inside.
- This is so simple: open the charging case’s lid and thoroughly look at the hole where you place the AirPods and clean if you find any dirt out there.
- Docking will be comfortable when both the connectors and the devices remain clean. The docking process will reset the volume balance automatically on the device.
Move to the next fix if the issue still frustrates you. We hope it might work for you.
Suck On AirPods That Are Too Soft
This is not a recommended method, but this is a somewhat effective way to resolve why one of my AirPods is quiet? Sucking on the most prominent speaker looks a little strange but a helpful way to fix the volume abnormalities. When you feel the AirPods are soft or quiet compared to others, you can start the solution using your mouth.
To keep the hygiene level high, we recommend cleaning them carefully before using the mouth but don’t ever use water.
It makes a bad sound, but sometimes one AirPod feels louder than the other, and the reason is that ear wax accumulates inside your AirPod. Try to suck it off, but no one wants to fill the mouth with dirty wax. So it is recommended to take some eater with you and after sucking, wash it immediately. Try not to swallow it; it is not suitable for health, nor does it taste good, trust us.
If, after using this hack, Why Is One Airpod Louder Than The Other Question is still there, then what else should you do instead of following our following method.
Try Your AirPods With Another Device
Why is my right earbud quieter? Or why the left one sounds louder; these are common issues and persist after using all the methods mentioned above. Then you have to try something different.
Check if the AirPods are working well or if any fault is there. Several people give suggestions to identify whether they are faulty or not, connect them with other devices such as Mac, iPad, PC, or iPhone, etc.
Once you connect your AirPods, play any video or song to check how well the AirPods sound. If the AirPods work fine with the other devices, you have to reset the settings of your original device.
- Here are the steps to follow while resetting the iPhone or iPad:
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to the settings app.
- Now select Reset.
- Lastly, choose Reset All Settings.
Note: According to Apple, resetting all the settings, including the network settings(Wi-Fi password), location settings, Home screen layout, the keyboard dictionary, Apple PAy cards, and privacy settings, are removed or reset to their defaults. Don’t worry; none of the data is going to be deleted. Once the rest is finished, test the AirPods to see whether you get the answer to Why Is One Airpod Louder Than The Other.
Get A Replacement Using Apple Warranty: An Ultimate Solution
If you are frustrated about this issue, the job is not done yet after trying all the hacks. Then the ultimate solution is to contact Apple Support or personally visit the Apple Store nearby to get the replacement. Alternatively, you can also ask them to repair it if possible. If you are thinking about using the warranty, make sure it is valid. To do so, bring the original box and receipt with you and give it to the Apple Store.
If you are included in the AppleCare+ program, then you are eligible to get the replacement immediately. Otherwise, wait for two to three until they repair your AirPods, or get the replacement item if repairing is not a solution.
So, we have done with the airport being louder than other errors and its solutions; we hope the issue will not persist from now on. If still, you have any queries in your mind, you can jump into the next section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the public’s most frequently asked questions and their answers; you can also get into them to avoid the queries.
How Do I Fix One AirPod Louder Than The Other?
One of the easiest ways to fix one AirPods louder than the other is to suck the most prominent speaker you hear as soft. Keep sucking and test the sound again and again until you hear the AirPods sound better.
Why Is One Of My AirPods Quiet?
Your one AirPod may be quieter than the other because of the balance issue. This is not a complex problem to get fixed. Go to the settings of the phone and fix it. If one is still louder than the other, it might be possible that earwax is present in the earbuds. You can remove it with compressed air.
How Do I Fix Quiet AirPods?
To fix the issue of low volume on AirPods; the steps are provided below:
- Turn up the volume on iPhone
- Turn off the low power mode
- Ensure that AirPods are charged fully
- Now turn off the equalizer (EQ) settings
- Turn off the volume limit feature
- Calibrate the sound between the iPhone and AirPods...
- Make sure both the AirPods are set to the same volume.
Why Is My Right Earbud Quieter?
When you use the earbuds frequently, it is evident that earwax and dirt gather inside the mesh of your earphones. It disrupts the volume flow. This is the reason why one earbud is quieter than the other.
How Do I Reset My AirPods Volume?
If you are using first-generation AirPods, double-tap the earbud to wake Siri. Then ask Siri to adjust the volume. But if you are using the second-generation AirPods. You can set up the “Hey Siri” function on your iPhone. Loudly say “Hey Siri” and then ask it to adjust the volume.
The Key Take
Many AirPods owners feel that their airport is showing a softer nose, but the other one is louder. There is an issue in the left and right AirPods noise issue. This is not something to worry about or visit a technician or mobile operator as it is not cost-efficient, but the solutions we have provided.
So, this article has covered the proven ways that you can try to quickly and easily fix the airpod issue. You can try one after another until the problem is resolved; if the issue remains persistent, you can rush for customer service!
This Article is Updated.
- Why Is One Airpod Louder Than The Other: Easy Fixes To Get Rid Of This Issue
- Adjust The Audio Volume Balance
- Disconnect AirPods From Your Device
- Use One AirPod, Then Put It Back In The Case
- Clean Any Dirt From The AirPods
- Suck On AirPods That Are Too Soft
- Try Your AirPods With Another Device
- Why is my right earbud quieter? Or why the left one sounds louder; these are common issues and persist after using all the methods mentioned above. Then you have to try something different.